Moving to DFW, TX in December - Help planning route

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Oh Yeah, invite us all over, I'm sure we could "FIX" all kinds of things after a few beers.:roflmao Welcome to Texas man!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
WOW, wouldn't catchin a plane have been the better way to go? :roflmao :roflmao

Yep, But..

Off Topic but,The rest of the story: Our duaghter had to have her "Stuff" :eek: so this whole Mission from HELL was done pulling an 18 ft. U-Haul.. with a broken leaf spring.. that U-Haul would'nt fix.. in Knoxville, Memphis, OK City or Gallup.. because of the weather !! I COBBLED up a block and strapped It between the frame'n axle.. kept on truck'n. Had to Chain up/un-chain 7 times. Duaghter was in a POS 96 Gran-Prix that needed T-fluid every 200 miles, hold'n tanks froze up.... It gits/got better (worse), but I won't BORE you with all that.:roflmao

BUT.. we made it:sweet :roflmao

Back on Topic. Looks like Mike is git'n set up purdy good with all the help from the Members... Just another example of what SDD is all about

JOE

Reaction score
Mike,

I'm going to wire in a 220 in my garage in the near future. I'll let you know if his work is worth a damn!!!;) :D

Also, Arlington is only about 20 mins from the house. Another set of hands to help you out, if needed.:sweet

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Yep, But..

Off Topic but,The rest of the story: Our duaghter had to have her "Stuff" :eek: so this whole Mission from HELL was done pulling an 18 ft. U-Haul.. with a broken leaf spring.. that U-Haul would'nt fix.. in Knoxville, Memphis, OK City or Gallup.. because of the weather !! I COBBLED up a block and strapped It between the frame'n axle.. kept on truck'n. Had to Chain up/un-chain 7 times. Duaghter was in a POS 96 Gran-Prix that needed T-fluid every 200 miles, hold'n tanks froze up.... It gits/got better (worse), but I won't BORE you with all that.:roflmao

BUT.. we made it:sweet :roflmao

WOW!!!! thats all i got to say :) I hope i dont have a story like that when this is all said and done.

Back on Topic. Looks like Mike is git'n set up purdy good with all the help from the Members... Just another example of what SDD is all about

JOE

amen to that :beer: but its not only SDD's hospitality but Texas as well. That is one of the first things i noticed when i arrived off the plane, how nice everyone is. I have lived on the east coast for the last 15 years so i am just used to rude people.... it blew me away!

-Mike

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Scarlet_Nape said:
Mike,

I'm going to get him to wire in a 220 in my garage in the near future. I'll let you know if his work is worth a damn!!!;) :D

Also, Arlington is only about 20 mins from the house. Another set of hands to help you out, if needed.:sweet

:thumbs sounds good!

I also like the last line in your sig, everyone here from TX said i should get that bumper sticker. :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike K said:
amen to that :beer: but its not only SDD's hospitality but Texas as well. That is one of the first things i noticed when i arrived off the plane, how nice everyone is. I have lived on the east coast for the last 15 years so i am just used to rude people.... it blew me away!

-Mike

I hearya Mike, If I ever made another Re-locate move, it would be to somewhere Texas.

Bye the Bye.. A Great Big THANK YOU.. for whatever it is yer doing and did, over there.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Bye the Bye.. A Great Big THANK YOU.. for whatever it is yer doing and did, over there.

Thanks! 4 years Air Force and i have been a Government Contractor in the Middle East (Qatar) with Northrop Grumman for 2 years :sweet

Reaction score
Mike K said:
:thumbs sounds good!

I also like the last line in your sig, everyone here from TX said i should get that bumper sticker. :D

Feel free to add it your sig when you get down here! You'll get a full understanding of the feeling once you get settled in. Glad you will be joining us, soon! SDD can never have too many Texans!!!:tex :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14