My tranny is toast

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
This morning as I'm driving in a 30 mph zone I hear a thunk. I pull over. When I start driving again the tranny wouldn't shift past 2nd gear. I drive with my flashers on and limp in 2nd to a local general repair shop who scanned my truck (for free). I was told that a solenoid had failed but he was way too busy to address my concerns today. I then called the tranny shop who rebuilt it 100K ago and they suggested I get it flat bedded to their shop for further inspection. They scanned it again, dropped the pan, checked the valve body and solenoids but they noticed a lot of metal chunks. To make a long story short I need a complete rebuild.-mad The good news is that they are building me a bullet proof tranny with the latest heavy duty TC for the E4OD with another TransGo shift kit, pump mod, upgraded planetary, Redline ATF for $2600 tax included. It will be ready this Thursday night.

This happened 2 hours after I spoke to Jody and ordered my 3 pos chip. -mad Looks like I'll be an OBS owner for another 100K miles. The tranny shop is reputable and the mechanic is one of the best rebuilders in my area. The good news is that once I'm rebuilt, my tranny is ready for the chip.

Condolences are welcome. :(

Last edited:

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
Aww man Richard, that sucks! The good news is you don't have to worry about wasting your trans, well, at least that it will be warrentied if it breaks. :oops:

What is your ride until your truck is fixed? :confused:

Dave

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Thats too bad, but now you are styling in the toy. Didn't even get to try the chip huh?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
MUDWHISTLE said:
Thats too bad, but now you are styling in the toy. Didn't even get to try the chip huh?

Trust me...I can't "style" in a Toyota. I absolutely hate it. My chip is being burned tonight and won't arrive till the end of the week. The tranny shop told me to break it in before installing the chip. Heck, if I waited 4 years for a chip...then certainly a small delay is no big deal.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
yeah I had my duramax in the shop for two weeks and guess what I got to drive, Yep the ever styling 88' ford topaz yeah yeah laugh all you want, I know its funny now

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
Death Trap, LOL

I think I'd be looking for the keys to your significant others vehicle, there is no way I could drive a death trap like that, I would want to cause an accident just so i wouldn't have to drive it, LOL!! Just bump into a truck like your's with that thing and they would have to total it. Yuck!

Dave

geonc

my other 4X4
Reaction score
:eek: :eek: ZOINKS!
Sad news ,Rich....BUT the bright side is when you get her back and break her in......that chip is going to feel AWESOME!

Must be a tranny bug going around:sorry :sorry

Driving a ..........small.......CAR:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

BTW....you have my condolences:D

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Rich, are you sure you want to go back in with another E4OD TC? There is far better options out there.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
RichARD, are you sure you want to go back in with another E4OD TC? There is far better options out there.

If I wanted to spend $3,800 and was close to BTS...nuff said! The shop uses the PDQ brand (see my signature) and I opted for their heaviest duty E4OD TC. If my truck was MUCH younger I may have considered a BTS.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58