Mystery vibration (still)

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
More things I have checked:

UVCH looks good. It is only about a year old. Connections all tight.

IVS is working correctly.

My issue varies from the TSB. I get the stumble/vibration/whatever with and without cruise control. My PCM has also been reflashed with custom tunes. Not sure what that will do regarding this TSB.

While waiting for the truck to warm up, I was watching coolant temp and it was at 261* while EOT was 89*. Coolant temp continued to rise to 512.6* and then dropped to 5.2*. Idiot gauge on dash tracked normal through warmup and the run.

Barometric pressure is also reading a constant 4.97V. Not sure if this is an issue since the PCM will use the MAP sensor when it detects a problem with it's internal barometer although there are no codes for barometer fault.

If my wife gets home in time, I think I may load the car hauler up and put a load on the truck. Maybe I can get the vibration to last a little longer.

I am lost on this one.

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just talked with Brian, at BTS & he thinks my problem is injectors. He has had & solved this problem , with injectors or ICP. I am going to call Dave at Swamps , to see what he says.:sweet

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I must have called Brian right after you. He said there was a guy in KY with the same problem. I got the same response. Was on the phone for about 20 minutes. Pretty much eliminated the trans and TC. I sent Bean an email.

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are going skiing 1-26-10 & that is when the truck is going to Swaps Diesel. Dave said that he wanted it for a couple of days. Whoever finds the fix first post it for the other one OK & Brian wants to know what it was also.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Might have mine done by then. I need to get it figured out but I also need the truck to get to work. Bean told me to pull the injectors and send them to him. He will go through them for me and send them back. I just need to find a time frame that I can do without the truck. I'm on the road starting in mid-March until June headed to WA via CT and NY. I'll let you know what I figure out.

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys if any more info is available let me know. I have my shake at 45mph. I called brian at bts. Its 2/28/20 today. He said a bunch of guys called him sounding similar. He thinks injectors for me too. I have been positng on this but i get balance the tiresor u joint. Mines smooth as can be on the freeway. 40 to 45 terrible.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do what JL said. Most transmission shops have a Snap-On computer than can tell you if there are shift errors (torque converter) or bad injectors and it will tell you which injector. It cost like $25 and you no longer have to beat your head against the wall. My truck had a humming noise, a vibration but nothing shaking me around. It did it real good when coasting and gently applying the acclerator. Wound up being my torque converter going out.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Injectors went to Beans and were tested. All passed and the set is balanced. Should have them back Wednesday. I have my new tunes from PHP to try as well.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
guys if any more info is available let me know. I have my shake at 45mph. I called brian at bts. Its 2/28/20 today. He said a bunch of guys called him sounding similar. He thinks injectors for me too. I have been positng on this but i get balance the tiresor u joint. Mines smooth as can be on the freeway. 40 to 45 terrible.

on yours, kick it out of overdrive and see if it still does it

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Injectors went to Beans and were tested. All passed and the set is balanced. Should have them back Wednesday. I have my new tunes from PHP to try as well.

something just occurred to me..
do you have a boost fooler?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14