Mystery vibration (still)

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I changed the fluid about 15000 miles ago. Do you think it could be the filter? Or are you saying get it flushed by a shop?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I changed the fluid about 15000 miles ago. Do you think it could be the filter? Or are you saying get it flushed by a shop?

I think I'd put an anti-shudder additive in it and see what happens..

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tell ya, i got the same still. I am pulling the trans in the morning. I can look under mine, the flywheel is not spinning true when its running. Going in and out. I have a new tc here too.
I jacked it up tonight and ran it to 40 mph standing still. Hoping to see something not right. No bent wheels. No wheel hopping up an down. maybe a cracked flywheel? i dont know i will see in the morning by 11am.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
i tell ya, i got the same still. I am pulling the trans in the morning. I can look under mine, the flywheel is not spinning true when its running. Going in and out. I have a new tc here too.
I jacked it up tonight and ran it to 40 mph standing still. Hoping to see something not right. No bent wheels. No wheel hopping up an down. maybe a cracked flywheel? i dont know i will see in the morning by 11am.

mine's going to the transmission shop on Monday..
unrelated issues (like the fluid leak from Hell)..

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked the tc bolts last week. I toghtened them, then.
I just swapped the tc. I drove it it may be better.
I am going to work. I will post back tonite

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I took my own advice and checked the TC mounting bolts. Found a cracked flexplate. I can see three small cracks from where the flexplate mounts to the crank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58