Mystery vibration (still)

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can kisk mine out of od, the rpm's help it. But if i catch it right can still feel a vibration. I had the cct test and #8 ailed. I replaced it. Much better but i still have it but much less bad. I think ones on the way out but good enough to pass. I may have beans sellmy a idm with the 140watt mod. Should kick start the week ones??

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
i can kick mine out of od, the rpm's help it. But if i catch it right can still feel a vibration. I had the cct test and #8 failed. I replaced it. Much better but i still have it but much less bad. I think ones on the way out but good enough to pass. I may have beans sell me an idm with the 140watt mod. Should kick start the weak ones??

I wouldn't count on it.
I mean, it might help, but somehow I doubt it...

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that if the selenoid part was weak the extra volts going to 140 would help. They passed the buzz test and cct. Beans cant guarantee a fix but they said they have seen 25 hp gains on truck with weak selenoids. Maybe its just not opening enough at low rpm signal. I assume more pedal=morevolts??

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Update: Got the injectors back and installed. Truck runs great with PHP tunes. Just a little tweaking needed.

However, under hard accelleration (empty) or towing (cruising), the truck puts out white smoke. I went in today and checked the injectors with a straight edge. No issues. The shudder/vibration is gone but now I have this new issue.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Got the injectors back and installed. Truck runs great with PHP tunes. Just a little tweaking needed.

However, under hard accelleration (empty) or towing (cruising), the truck puts out white smoke. I went in today and checked the injectors with a straight edge. No issues. The shudder/vibration is gone but now I have this new issue.

Compression??

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score

first thing that would come to mind is a cracked injector cup..

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
No loss or gain in coolant. I have oil leaking from the front side of the muffler. Compression was checked a few months ago and lowest cylinder was at 380. All were between 380 and 410. I will start a new thread as the mystery vibration has been fixed by tuning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14