New DPF reprogram by Ford

ricracer113

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
recall on filter

well got mine back today and seems to me that the throttle response was much better. what i'm told about the recall is that when my truck went into regen it would rev higher and it is not sopposed to do that and the info center should say when it is in regen and not rev higher ever, just dump fuel into particulate filter to clean. what ever, who to believe

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Got her done. Better throttle response, ALOT less turbo lag, shifts firmer, cruise now holds. No more fishing for gears. No more active regeneration. Took all of 20 minutes. Mileage should go up according to tech.

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her done. Better throttle response, ALOT less turbo lag, shifts firmer, cruise now holds. No more fishing for gears. No more active regeneration. Took all of 20 minutes. Mileage should go up according to tech.

All of that from the DPF reprogram?? My letter seems to imply all that the reprogram will do is simply update to display to show when the DPS is regen'ing.

did they do something else? Or does the update do other things that Ford won't acknowledge?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
All of that from the DPF reprogram?? My letter seems to imply all that the reprogram will do is simply update to display to show when the DPS is regen'ing.

did they do something else? Or does the update do other things that Ford won't acknowledge?

Read the entire letter. It states that it addresses driveability issues as well. It also states that the vehicle will no longer go into active regeneration.

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to re read it I guess. My letter was dated in Jan 2009. I didn't read anything about drivability issues.

And about the "engine no longer going into regeneration" - I thought the reprogram was to alert the driver when it DID go into regeneration mode. I think I'm more confused now.

:)

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I re-read my letter (dated JAN2009). It DOES NOT mention anything about addressing drive-ability issues at all. Only to address the message center so that when the DPF IS REGENERATING the message center will alert the driver with some additional information. This regards the 08B07 recall.

You may have received an earlier notice and is worded different. If I had the time I'd scan the letter.

Anyway--- I will bring mine in tomorrow regardless. I need to know when the regen happens. I drive my truck 300 to 600 miles a day and it happens often enough that I hate to park in the middle of a a regen.

Maybe the letter left out the drive-ability issues for simplification and they are being addressed in the reprogram behind the scenes?

When was your letter written?

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I re-read my letter (dated JAN2009). It DOES NOT mention anything about addressing drive-ability issues at all. Only to address the message center so that when the DPF IS REGENERATING the message center will alert the driver with some additional information. This regards the 08B07 recall.

You may have received an earlier notice and is worded different. If I had the time I'd scan the letter.

Anyway--- I will bring mine in tomorrow regardless. I need to know when the regen happens. I drive my truck 300 to 600 miles a day and it happens often enough that I hate to park in the middle of a a regen.

Maybe the letter left out the drive-ability issues for simplification and they are being addressed in the reprogram behind the scenes?

When was your letter written?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58