New DPF reprogram by Ford

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I think the confusion lies in the job build numbers. I have a job 1. I can tell you this re-flash was a big improvement. My cruise control had issues, as did the trans. If this flash didn't address the issues, I would say so.

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the work done yesterday. It went well I suppose. The truck runs fine and today my DPF announcement came on telling me it was cleaning.

On my receipt the descreption read J# 1 12FOZ EEC/Driveability.

I notice one improvement, when I come off the cruise control and accelerate hard, the engine doesn't go into sputter mode and dump out white smoke.

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attached a pic from my cleaning cycle today. Crappy pic taken with camera phone. Yippie! Successful reflash! :)

Last edited:

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the confusion lies in the job build numbers. I have a job 1. I can tell you this re-flash was a big improvement. My cruise control had issues, as did the trans. If this flash didn't address the issues, I would say so.

That's probably where the confusion lies. I didn't need the prior recall (the venturi part). My truck had it already. I'm a Job 3.

Thanks for trying to straighten me out.

David

TXCobra

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had it done too...I am job 3 but I am definitely getting better mileage (14 avg before and 16-17 avg now) and it runs much better. Quicker, less turbo lag. I am so glad I had this done!!

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my Job-3 truck back this morning. I haven't noticed any difference in the 30 or so miles from the dealer. Maybe I just need a little more time and experience with the new flash. They also re-did the venturi update after I did it. I guess they didn't trust me with that delicate operation.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I had it done too...I am job 3 but I am definitely getting better mileage (14 avg before and 16-17 avg now) and it runs much better. Quicker, less turbo lag. I am so glad I had this done!!

Yep. I wanted to run a tank and hand calculate first, which I did. Mileage up 2.2 across the board, and thats on winter fuel. :D

buc378

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When i went to pick my truck up last month the told me they reprogramed it so the truck would not go into regen mode so often.I am not to shure about this, but the sales manager said its what they did. job 3 2008 f450

Jeffro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Oasis report

You can have your service manager run a Oasis report on your truck to see what has been done to it by Ford. You should be able to call him with the VIN number. The recall about the DPF regen reprogram is 08B07.

xgaspx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I got letters for the venturi recall and the reprograming (Job #1). The problem is, I have a banks air filter and a banks monster, filter-back exhaust. Obviously neither is harming the engine, but does anyone think the techs will void my warranty because of the mods?

I would hate to drop my truck off for minor work and come back without a warranty. I have the original exhaust and filter in case something major goes wrong with the truck, but I am not going to put that stuff back on for these minor fixes.

What do you guys think? Is the reprogramming worth the risk? Does anyone know how strict Ford is about voiding warranties?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58