New DPF reprogram by Ford

`08 BlueCrew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
mine is going in next week for the computer update. I took the truck in about month ago and they fixed the radiator as that fix was not installed. Don't know what happened there; I never got a letter for that.

Will let y'all know how it runs after the update.

highflier

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
recall

had mine done this week taking a trip this weekend with trailer in tow will see if any changes were made in MPG

Jeffro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Got-R-Done

I had mine done yesterday. I can not tell of any noticable change in the performance. Took two hours for a fifteen minute job.:dizzy

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my recall work only took two hours! I called Tues for an appt for all three recalls to be done (fuel tank strap, venturi-T, and reflash, along with a scheduled maint oil change), and was told I didn't need an appt. I dropped it off at 8am, and was asked why an appt hadn't been made. After telling them I DID call, they asked if I could leave it overnight. Luckily my wife drove her truck to work and was able to pick me up (we usually ride together). I finally called to check on it after waiting all day to hear something, and they said it MIGHT be ready by closing time... :rant I just told 'em I'd pick it up sometime tomorrow. Can you believe 48 hrs just to do a couple of simple routine recalls and an oil change??? :dizzy Guess I'll find out tomorrow if the reflash helps any. My mileage really suffered this last tank of fuel - only got about 13.8 'cause the stupid DPF came on at least once a day for three days in a row! I was coasting downhill and watched my mileage decrease 1/10 about every 10 seconds. I know one thing, the SECOND my warranty is up, that DPF is going in the trash and a straight pipe w/ programmer will be going on! :sly

Sorry for the rant. :sorry Just can't believe the repair time-frame. I'll post the results (if any) of the reflash w/ mileage as soon as I get it back tomorrow (hopefully). :(

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got mine done my mileage barely went up maybe like .3% i get 9-10.8 avg mpg thats with an intake and 5inch after dpf with the programmer off its like the truck has good days and bad days one week getting 11mpg then 11.8 then back to 8.5 - 9.0 hahaah maybe there will be another reflash again hahaa

`08 BlueCrew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had mine done last Wednesday. I took it for a 65 mile ride, albeit not on an interstate, back roads, up and down hills and a few stop lights. I did not notice any difference at all. I have to calculate MPG to see if there were any changes there. But the biggest concern is that during that 65 mile ride, I never saw it go into REGEN; at least did not see any message. :confused:

nailbender8usmc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When I had mine in the doctor's about a month ago, for some serious fuel sytem issues, they reflashed for the DPF also. Prior to this my truck was entering REGEN mode about once every 600-700 miles, now it goes into REGEN every 300-400 miles. Bites on the mileage... But,,, I have noticed that I don't get the big puff of white smoke anymore. Not to sure what is up with that.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait what about a big puff of white smoke in the morning say at 48 F and about 3 feet in diameter white cloud puffin for about 20-25 ft hahah ? mine was flashed a month ago ......this normal ? also now theres soot residue in the tip puffs alittle black then shortly after it kicks into regen then none until next say 600 miles or more .......

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put about 140 miles on the truck since I got it back last Friday. I've never had any smoke (knock on wood). Can't really tell any difference with power, and mileage seems to be about the same (+/- 15mpg). :dunno

The only difference I've seen so far is the "CLEANING EXHAUST FILTER" message being displayed. The message used to appear for about 3 seconds, disappear, then "FINISHED CLEANING FILTER" would appear when completed. Tonight, however, the "CLEANING EXHAUST FILTER" message appeared and was displayed throughout the entire cleaning process. I really like this feature better. Before the computer re-flash, if you missed the 3-second message at the beginning of the cleaning process, you wouldn't even know that it was in regen mode, and had no idea when it was finished.

I'll post again if there are any other developments. ;tu

bones2010

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just had my 2010 reprogramed, I was on a trip towing a 16ft inclosed trailer and when I approched a hill it dropped down a gear and the truck started skipping and it was dumping white smoke out the tailpipe. I was 500 miles from home so I went to the local dealer and the tech said that it was probably going into regen so he reprogramed it. The truck has better throttle response, less turbo lag, it really improved the trucks performance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58