New up pipes,turbo, wastegate controller and problems

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Summary?
Crap(pier than normal) low end response.
Lots of black smoke.
Plenty of air and plenty of boost potential.
Ridiculous high EGT, probably with some "tune".

What else?

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Tested the truck for boost leaks and no leaking boots. I took the truck to the shop and rode around with the guy in charge who has a 1999 f250 withe the 38r. he asked me to bring my work trailer with me so he could see the truck under load. We pulled onto the highway billowed black smoke and he said take next exit and head back to the shop. He said "It ain't supposed to smoke like that for sure". He hopefully will have it fixed by tomorrow afternoon or Friday morn. I will keep everyone posted.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The name of it escapes me right now, but do you still have the valve in the turbine outlet where the downpipe connects to the turbo? If you do still have it and the valve is not open all the way it'll cause a high EGT's and a loss of power too.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Update: I just got back from 10 days on vacation and picked up my truck from the shop. It does not smoke much at all @WOT now egts are down alot. In 80 economy setting it will not get past 1100* but still only makes 27 psi. On 120 performance it makes 33psi and 1400* pretty quick. Im glad egts are down but the truck feels like a slug still. I got beat by a fu#@ing V6 Tundra yesterday:confused:. The truck feels like the emergency brake is on but its not. It also feels like it is running out of fuel at WOT. It seemed to pull so much better with stock turbo. Is there some way the shop restricted my fuel to lower my egts??? It does not look like they touched my Air Dog fuel pump settings. They said they just shimmed the Turbomaster wastegate controller to fix my truck.?. Thoughts???

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I have not had a chance to check things out further. I have been busy with work. I will be checking some things with my AE software soon. I also just ordered a new fuel cross over system from Dieselorings.com to see if this helps. I hear it does the same thing the regulated return systems do at 1/3 the cost. I will let you know what I find asap.

Fuel Rail Crossover System Regulated Return

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
very curious to see how you like that setup, only half the price of some of the other regulated return systems out there

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I have not had a chance to check things out further. I have been busy with work. I will be checking some things with my AE software soon. I also just ordered a new fuel cross over system from Dieselorings.com to see if this helps. I hear it does the same thing the regulated return systems do at 1/3 the cost. I will let you know what I find asap.

Fuel Rail Crossover System Regulated Return

I want to know what the ICP pressure is and does under load..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58