Question Oil Consumption

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over Fueling in a diesel is not the same as a gas motor. More fuel = more power. There is no such thing as running too rich, which can cause things like an oily bumper. Wait until you can get some reliable fuel pressures.

Dave

well, that would make sense, except that i can notice it even with the chip off. its just not as amplified...

And having the FP gauge in the cab, instead of under the hood, could help too. You could be monitoring/comparing, fuel pressure at all throttle demands, verses chip settings. (?)

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
And having the FP gauge in the cab, instead of under the hood, could help too. You could be monitoring/comparing, fuel pressure at all throttle demands, verses chip settings. (?)

Joe

yep, thats exactly what i did. I've got a 6 foot piece of fuel rated hose so i can feed it through the hood and hold it right by my mirror to watch.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, thats exactly what i did. I've got a 6 foot piece of fuel rated hose so i can feed it through the hood and hold it right by my mirror to watch.

Ever concider mounting it permanently.. In the cab ?

I'll betcha yer guna be wunder'n about fuel pressure now... once you've monitored it... from the mirror... I'll betcha. ;):)

JRJ04

Reaction score
Update

Alright, got a new fuel pressure gauge from sumit racing and got it all hooked up...

Same thing again...actually maybe a hair less pressure this time. I couldnt imagine that im blowing off any pressure because I've got no fuel leaking at all. The ONLY thing I'm doing different now vs. when I measured it a year or so ago when I shimmed it, is that im using a 6ft piece of fuel rated hose versus a few inches.

Could this be throwing off my reading?

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
a hair less in fuel pressure reading from now 6feet from a few inches yes. I would say that's normal. that hose will sure expand a bit. So now my theory is debunked. :dunno sorry man hope someone else has a good something you could try. :sorry

JRJ04

Reaction score
a hair less in fuel pressure reading from now 6feet from a few inches yes. I would say that's normal. that hose will sure expand a bit. So now my theory is debunked. :dunno sorry man hope someone else has a good something you could try. :sorry

well i would agree. but a difference of 30-40 lbs? would you agree that it seems off? i guess i need to shorten my hose and try again...but that seems crazy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14