ok car stereo guys,i need some help

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
found some info on the mcintosh.

mc431 4 ch; :eek:

MC431 4 channel X 100w. Configurable for 4/3/2 channel operation. Includes built-in electronic crossover with separate high pass and low pass filters. Power Guard. Ported tunnel forced-air cooling. Multi-stage thermal protection. Dual MOSFET PWM power supplies. Input level controls. Transient protection. Gold plated terminals. 2 ohm stability. Allows internal installation of McIntosh parametric equalizer modules. Size 2-3/4"H, 18-1/2"W and 12"D. Sold from 1994-1997. Last retail price $1100.00

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can run both subs togethger on one channel at 4ohms. that is your best bet, although the amp can run between 1.5 to 8 ohms. the subs are 4ohm dual vooice coils. you will have to run the subs in series jumping to each voice coil. you can downoad the manual for the 1000/1 from jl's site. what you want to do look for is the gain control and how to hook up a volt meter to the speaker outputs on the amp and get the proper voltage at 3/4 volume to ensure maximum power and performance with minimal clipping. i love jl and there products use em installed them banged them. if you have any questions post again or pm me.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditto on the mac-labs stuff...1st rate, a bit over priced <payin for the name>
but TOP NOTCH !

the JL Audio is a bit more affordable (if you can call it that) but it
is HIGHLY respected TOP NOTCH equipment...i have THREE of their
amps in my truck (500/1, 300/4, e4300) the slash series is THE BEST
of their line if not the industry.

youve got the makings of a great system...it would be TOO MUCH
base for me....i hope youll do it justice w/ a good head unit and
a couple of pairs of 2 or 3 way separates !

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok now according to the amp instructions....

if you connect a load higher than 4ohms nominal to the 1000/1,power will drop by half with every doubling of impedence above 4 ohms.if you connect a load lower then 1.5ohms nominal to the 1000/1,the amplifier protection cicuitry activates a "safe" mode wich reduces amplifier power to protect the circuitry from failure.

so i would want the subs setup for 2ohms?they are setup for 8ohms at the moment.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i have the manuals printed out.just dont know much about stereo systems and want to make sure its set up right.but reading an earlier reply i guess i want to wire them for 2 ohms wich will place a 4 ohm load on the amp?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track