opinions: F250 vs. F350

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to find the post that listed the spring codes. I remember it listed the front and rear with part numbers and load ratings. If i remember correctly The F250 has a 6200# rear spring.
The F350 has a 6800# rear spring
The F350 dually has a 8200# spring in the rear
Also the F250 has a 2" rear block versus a 4" rear block.
And both are avaliable with teh camper package ( rear overloads)

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
A side note here. It is nice to read these posts with lots of good info and opinions and have it remain a friendly conversation unlike some posts I have seen @ TDS. Just verbalizing my thoughts.
Craig

That's because this forum attracts a higher class of people, we act respectable.:D

jd87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also noticed this site seems to be a "nicer" place than others. Blueovalforums is about the worst. Nothing but arguing there.

bigdiesel99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The F250 and the F350 single rear wheel are basicly exactly the same trucks. I believe only the F350's have the overload rear leaf springs. They both use the same front and rear ends.

the 350's have a dana 60 up front wher the 250's have the 50, the rear has the same 10.5 and a added leaf giving about 400 lbs more payload, with a 3 inch block, 250's with the camper package have overloads. other than that they are the same if comparing SRW trucks also if you get the long bed you get the larger fuel tank i think it is 36-38 gal, the short bed is a measley 29 gal and to me that is stupid to put such a small tank in a truck that is made to pull, i get about 320 miles between fill ups pulling my trailer.. if parking is not an issue go for the 350 long bed... i wish i had a 350 just because of the 60 up front more gears ratio options and its stronger. -popcorn

Last edited:

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
I think I can clear this post up a little bit...

the 350's have a dana 60 up front wher the 250's have the 502002+ F250's have Dana 60, the rear has the same 10.25 and a added leaf giving about 400 lbs more payload, with a 4 inch block, 250's with the camper package have overloads. other than that they are the same if comparing SRW trucks also if you get the long bed you get the larger fuel tank i think it is 38 gal, the short bed is a measley 29 gal and to me that is stupid to put such a small tank in a truck that is made to pull, i get about 320 miles between fill ups pulling my trailer.. if parking is not an issue go for the 350 long bed... i wish i had a 350 just because of the 60 up front more gears ratio options and its strongerDon't worry about 'strength difference' since it is negligable until you're an avid sled puller, be more concerned w/ both the 50's and 60's having balljoint/wheel bearing problems.... -popcorn

bigdiesel99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my experience with 3 different truck with 50's (1996 f250 sold, my 1999 and my wifes Excursion) the ball joints were all changed at about 80K all my buddies with 60's are still ticking. but that may not be the case in all trucks, also keep in mind that in 2001 the engine got powdered metal connecting rods that are not as strong as the forged rods in ealier motors, which is not that big of a deal if you are not planning on adding power but once you are bitten by the bug it is hard to turn it off...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58