Opinions needed

Is the $500 difference of a new 1-ton dually worth getting it over a 3/4 ton SRW?

• 2500HD SRW (Single Rear Wheel)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 3500HD SRW (Single Rear Wheel)

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • 3500HD DRW (Dual Rear Wheels)

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
It's a done deal!!

I just shook hands on a new truck. I was all set to get the one pictured above, but I found one at another dealer I wanted to look at. I'm getting that one.

I'm buying a 2011 GMC 2500HD with the Duramax/Allison package. It's white, an extended cab and short box truck. It was equipped about the same as the gray one pictured above, but with the bigger cab and color difference.

With all the cash back incentive, airline employee discount and customer loyalty discount for buying Mrs TG a Pontiac at the same dealer, I'm saving $7,800+ off of sticker and getting a 72 month loan @ 4.5%.

All things considered, I think I'm getting a good deal. Plus I think everybody that likes the GMC grill better than the bow-tie one will be happier too!:lmao

p.s. pics will follow.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just shook hands on a new truck. I was all set to get the one pictured above, but I found one at another dealer I wanted to look at. I'm getting that one.

I'm buying a 2011 GMC 2500HD with the Duramax/Allison package. It's white, an extended cab and short box truck. It was equipped about the same as the gray one pictured above, but with the bigger cab and color difference.

With all the cash back incentive, airline employee discount and customer loyalty discount for buying Mrs TG a Pontiac at the same dealer, I'm saving $7,800+ off of sticker and getting a 72 month loan @ 4.5%.

All things considered, I think I'm getting a good deal. Plus I think everybody that likes the GMC grill better than the bow-tie one will be happier too!:lmao

p.s. pics will follow.

NOW We're Talk'n ;tu;tu

Didn't say anything but.. I'd Betcha [Long Term] you'da wished you went HD, D-Max, X cab... at Least.

Glad you did TG. (wish it'd been a Blue Oval though :sly;))

But with all those Incentives, the "Jimmy" is hard to pass up.

Joe

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
NOW We're Talk'n ;tu;tu

Didn't say anything but.. I'd Betcha [Long Term] you'da wished you went HD, D-Max, X cab... at Least.

Glad you did TG. (wish it'd been a Blue Oval though :sly;))

But with all those Incentives, the "Jimmy" is hard to pass up.

Joe

I would have liked to get another Ford, but I just couldn't stand the unattractive interior. The new Superduty Fords are just too loud and obnoxious.

The interior on my new truck is (IMHO) smooth and soothing in appearance.

Now to sell my 99 F-250 and get a bed topper for the new one.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree TG.. the new SD's are to much BLING for me too.

To much Chrome. I've seen a few 'round here that have Toned'm down some by color matching the Grill shell, or painting it a Satin Black... Sure looks better than OEM, IMO.

Nothing against those that have them.. jus' to Brassy, on the fronts, for my taste... in a truck.

Yer guna like that Allison package. I here NOTHING but good things from those that have them. I sure wish one would hook up to a PSD.. I'd have one.

Congrats on yer new "Jimmy". :sweet

Joe

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
wish i had seen this earlier
DAV members get ford vehicles at Xplan pricing which is almost the same discounts you received from work....

either way....its your $$ and if your happy thats all that matters
now........:bbq

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. Hope you enjoy it.
Ditto on the pricing. I was 10k below sticker (1k below invoice) on the 450 and financed it locally at 3.25 for 60 mo. Obviously the 450 is more $$ to start with, so I guess you did pretty good.

Ok. Now we need someone else to start a new thread that wants to buy a FORD It's been so hard to play nice here :lmao

Fine69

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. Hope you enjoy it.
Ditto on the pricing. I was 10k below sticker (1k below invoice) on the 450 and financed it locally at 3.25 for 60 mo. Obviously the 450 is more $$ to start with, so I guess you did pretty good.

Ok. Now we need someone else to start a new thread that wants to buy a FORD It's been so hard to play nice here :lmao

Go over to a GM forum, maybe you'll find TG's alter ego.:stir

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O'Well we tried to save him from the dark side. But the force was to strong. :tounge So TG, Gota Mechanic Coming???...LOL

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58