Opinions needed

Is the $500 difference of a new 1-ton dually worth getting it over a 3/4 ton SRW?

• 2500HD SRW (Single Rear Wheel)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 3500HD SRW (Single Rear Wheel)

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • 3500HD DRW (Dual Rear Wheels)

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I've been looking around at the various dealer lots. There isn't a whole bunch to look at. But I did fine this:
3163686051.jpg

6883_st0640_163.jpg

It isn't the extended cab I was looking for. But other than that, it has everything I want without a lot of extra stuff I don't want to pay for. The biggest attraction is I can get over $7,000 off the sticker with all the discounts and cash back incentives. The incentives go until Oct 31.

If I can't close a deal on that one, I'm gonna order a 3500HD SRW GMC Extended cab. My grandson told me to get a blue truck!:lmao

Thanks to everyone that offered helpful comments & opinions.

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The current Chevy's looks have "grown on me". I hated them when the 2007's came out. However I like the grille on the GMC much better.

Me too. But saving over $7,000 off of retail is too attractive of a deal to pass up. For that kind of money, I can get used to a bow-tie.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at a truck auction this weekend and there where a mess of GM trucks and cars there. There were about 25 GM trucks that were buy backs that were low mileage between 20k to 50k. I have never seen that many buy back there in years. The auction guy said they were mechanical problems. Most of the time there about 5 to 10 buy backs. TG may need to look into it before you jump.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I know the pricing is good, but is this what you really want? I almost went from a CC to a SC with my new truck. I couldn't do it. I can't imagine going to a reg cab. With the reg cab you won't have that extra seating/storage that you are use to having. It is a nice looking truck though.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I was at a truck auction this weekend and there where a mess of GM trucks and cars there. There were about 25 GM trucks that were buy backs that were low mileage between 20k to 50k. I have never seen that many buy back there in years. The auction guy said they were mechanical problems. Most of the time there about 5 to 10 buy backs. TG may need to look into it before you jump.

I hear what you're trying to say. But every brand has a few "bad lemons", even Ford. Remember all the issues they had with the 6.0? Most buyers are very happy with their new trucks no matter what flavor the badge on the front grille is.

I know the pricing is good, but is this what you really want? I almost went from a CC to a SC with my new truck. I couldn't do it. I can't imagine going to a reg cab. With the reg cab you won't have that extra seating/storage that you are use to having. It is a nice looking truck though.

I though about it. But it is just the wife the dog and me now. We kicked the kids out a few years ago.:) We talked about the cab size issue. Yeah, an extended cab would be nice, but I could get buy with a standard cab.

We were thinking about trading the travel trailer camper for a 5th wheel so we could tow the boat behind that. We talked, and Mrs TG suggested we maybe just get something a bit bigger than her Pontiac G6 so she could tow the boat if we wanted to bring it with when we go camping. If we were to do that, it pretty much negates the need for a 5th wheeler or a extended cab. Even if we don't take the boat and we were to take a regular cab truck, it'd be just us and the dog for less than 90 miles. Not overly comfortable, but do-able for only an hour and a half.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58