Pics Of Our New Peterbilt Parkin' Lot

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Must be some competition out there, I though it would be 25-30% more than that.

This region of the lower 48 is really over populated with people in the auto transport business.

You have brokers cutting each others throat trying to get all the dealers business, and then the brokers "pass the savings" onto the transporters. -mad if ya know what I mean.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I thought you were a broker ;) ;) :watchout

Yep, I am. MC# 514514, look me up and check me out.

Don't get me wrong, there are alot of good brokers out there. The dealers are really the bad guys when it comes down to it.

Dealers go "shopping" for dirt cheap rates, and when they get a broker to cut the price of the broker they were using, they go to their broker and say, "hey, I can get it hauled alot cheaper than what you are charging me now."

So either the current broker beats the so called cheaper price and then that cuts the rate lower to the transporter, or he tells the dealer to go for it and use the newer broker.

We try our best to give all the transporters that haul for us a very good slice of the pie and we make good money too. If the rate on a car is just so cheap to start with, we have on many occasion givin the whole pie to the hauler. We can do this because we have made good money on other loads.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Dealers go "shopping" for dirt cheap rates, and when they get a broker to cut the price of the broker they were using, they go to their broker and say, "hey, I can get it hauled alot cheaper than what you are charging me now."

So either the current broker beats the so called cheaper price and then that cuts the rate lower to the transporter, or he tells the dealer to go for it and use the newer broker.

Sounds like the trucking business to me. Once everyone cuts each others rates far enough then they all go broke and a new bunch of throat cutters come into the mix. Something tells me that you work more on quality service than cut-rate service.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Sounds like the trucking business to me. Once everyone cuts each others rates far enough then they all go broke and a new bunch of throat cutters come into the mix. Something tells me that you work more on quality service than cut-rate service.

Yes sir, we have been fortunate to be in the auto transport biz for over 50 years.

I have told dealers several times, "I will not move your cars for that price, cause if I do, I will be laughed at with such a low rate."

I also tell them, " do you want to buy diesel fuel for my trucks at almost 3.00 a gallon and pay such a cheap rate?" In the words of Kevin from HOME ALONE, "I dont think so"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg