PIE for 2004 6 disc?

ZBeeble

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I went out at one point and bought some 'radio removal tools' ... that weren't specifically for FORD ... but which seem to fit in the holes. Anyways... I couldn't figure out how to remove the radio with them. What's the trick? Or do I need better tools? I tried both these U-shaped hoops that I bought and some struggling with some bent coat-hangers.

Anyways... here's a picture of my faceplate. The upper right button is a 'mute' with a phone handset icon. Below that is 'eject'. At the lower left, is a 'AM/FM' button and to it's immediate right is a 'CD' button with no other markings.

BTW... Are there Canadian Dealers for PIE?

Pic...

excursion_radio.jpg

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
I will be publishing a how to article featuring the 05 and newer trucks in the very near future.
I will keep an eye out for it:thumbs We cannot get satellite radio here but hooking the iPod up would be good.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ZBeeble said:
I went out at one point and bought some 'radio removal tools' ... that weren't specifically for FORD ... but which seem to fit in the holes. Anyways... I couldn't figure out how to remove the radio with them. What's the trick? Or do I need better tools? I tried both these U-shaped hoops that I bought and some struggling with some bent coat-hangers.
Insert the toolset till you hear a click in each,then press the tools outwards while pulling the stereo outwards.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
ZBeeble said:
Anyways... here's a picture of my faceplate. The upper right button is a 'mute' with a phone handset icon. Below that is 'eject'. At the lower left, is a 'AM/FM' button and to it's immediate right is a 'CD' button with no other markings.

BTW... Are there Canadian Dealers for PIE?

Pic...

excursion_radio.jpg

Yes, that's a Visteon CD-6. That explains why the original posts we were sending you were putting you astray.

There may be Canadian distributors, but I couldn't find any. One of your local car radio shops might be able to get it for you, but it might cost just as much to get it from the states and pay the import fees.

P.I.E. retailers

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Crumm said:
I will keep an eye out for it:thumbs We cannot get satellite radio here but hooking the iPod up would be good.
You wouldn't need the Soundgate switch then, just the P.I.E. adapter and the iPod adapter that ties into it. The only thing about this method is that the iPod control is still done at the iPod, the radio only amplifies the iPod sound.

If you want remote control for your iPod, Harman/Kardon has a neat controller for the iPod that has the display that can be dash mounted. It's a bit pricey...I originally decided against it, but I wanted a "heads up display" so I bit the bullet and bought one. The big install party starts after the New Year, when all the goodies come in!

Harman-Kardon Drive + Play iPod controller

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
No need for remote control. Controlling at the iPod mini is fine. My stereo looks totally different that those shown above though. It is a factory six disk changer that says mp3 right on the front of it. There is a little slot on top that might be for something but it must need punched out or something? I have a fm broadcast thing that I can use but wiring in direct would be handier. The fm thingie is a little big.
You can kinda see the stereo in this picture.

Int.jpg

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Crumm, does your radio look like this one?

Ford AM/FM/CD-6 MP3 radio

If this is the one, the P.I.E. FRD04 AUX adapter and along with the Blitzsafe UII iPod adapter, which powers and charges your iPod while you drive, would be just the thing for you

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Yep that looks like the unit. I will get one of those P.I.E. FRD04 AUX adapters and the Blitzsafe adapter. Any idea how to get the factory unit out? It does not have the holes in it for the factory removal tools. Also the AUX button turns the back seat DVD system on and off so will that button still work for the iPod?

electronman_1875_19418388

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64