PIE for 2004 6 disc?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Yes it does but they are overhead in the dvd player. When the kids are watching a movie using the wireless headphones I doubt that the aux inputs in the dvd would send a signal to the dash unit. I am sure the inputs would work for the iPod when no one is using the dvd.

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ZBeeble said:
I was referred to this site by someone saying that CHP mustang may be able to advise on the availabilty of a PIE adaptor for a 2004 6 disc CD changer in an Excursion. So here I am.

I may be able to help you as I have an '03 Excursion with the same radio.

Lets to a test (see link below) as this was a post at xm411.com that helped me. As well, what kind of unit or SAT radio are you wanting to hook up?

Click on the link below and read and try it out on your radio first.
http://www.xm411.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=21427&highlight=

Second, buy the radio removal tools at Walamrt and insert into the holes until the click an/or slide into position on either side, push outward slightly and pull towards you at the same time (after doing the check in the link above). My radio only had the 16 and 20 pin connectors and that is it, no more and no open slots. I do not have the DVD system, and having one complicates this install and for some it does not work. Aftermarket headunits are not an option either due to the DVD system tie-in.

I hooked up my XM Pioneer Airware radio.

PM or email if you like and I will work with you one-on-one.

Jeff

Last edited:

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some photos of my SAT radio install in my 2003 Excursion (no DVD system). With the PIE adpater, the CD button now functions or switches between CD and DJ (DJ = is external disk jockey).

Used Panavise mount #751072399 and Panavise swivel mount #685-PM. This particular mount does not require the removal of the dash and screws into the left-side cupholder/ashtray screw. I used the XM5-FRDN adpater due to using it with my Pioneer Airware XM2GO radio and it prod=vides power and line-in connections. Different radios or Ipods will use a different adpater, but the mounts will still work as they accept any AMPS mounting option unit.

Click on photo for larger view/screen shot.

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Excellent install there Jeff!:thumbs
I really like the cup holder Panavise mount,I may order one of those:cool:

Great to see ya'll back around,come around more often:sweet

Bill :cowboy:

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Excellent install there Jeff!:thumbs
I really like the cup holder Panavise mount,I may order one of those:cool:

Great to see ya'll back around,come around more often:sweet

Bill :cowboy:

Thanks... been used to FTE site, but seems so advesarial (sp)...

Think I may hang out here and help this site grow as FTE mods are getting a little to big for their britches and get real defensive about people being critical of sponsors... guess they have a piece of the action???

Yes, the Panavise mount is the ONLY one that fits into the cupholder/ashtray screw hole and does NOT require dash removal to install. The other popular company for mounts is/was Profit, but they do not have this mount... only dash mounts that require dash removal.

I am very pleased that no wires are visable and the small hole I had to drill in the cubby hole is not visible when in the truck. I wanted no wires running down anywhere. If you go to the Panavise.com website and click on the appropiate vehicle, the mount I used is listed, but they have not uploaded the photo. The swivel adpater allows for angling the unit and once set, I have never messed with. They are sending me a revised swival (when developed) that will just have the appropiate SAT radio mount so I do not have to use the AMPS mounting bracket that came with my SAT radio (1 less adapater).

If anyone has questions, let me know since I researched this SAT radio thing for 60 days before installing. Try the following sites as well for information and pictures.

www.xmfan.com

www.xm411.com

Good luck,