Plant drive kit install

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I wanna make sure I have the parts going in the right order.

Rear diesel tank, vegmax filter,polluck valve,fuel pump, billet delete slug

Front filtered wvo tank,hot fox in tank,vegmax filter,polluck valve, fphe, vegtherm mega, fuel pump,billet delete.

You may want to put your FPHE before the Pollack valve. Depending on what you're desired effect is, but with the order you've got listed above, you'll be heating both fuels via the FPHE (because it's after the pollack valve). Since you've got a cooler climate, you may want to do that anyhow..:dunno

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Ben has a good point about the FPHE placement. Initially mine was before the Pollak but I put it afterwards for two reasons. First, the Pollak is rated at 160*F before problems occur so putting it after the Pollak keeps the Pollak cooler. Second, running rear fuel through only the FPHE will bring it up to 160*F once fully warm. If you're running pure #2 back there there will be a loss of lubricity if run hot BUT I run bioD back there so running it hot is great. Another thought, if the FPHE is before the Pollak then when you flip back to diesel, cold diesel will flow through the Vegtherm possibly causing a problem. What happened to me after a year was a clogging inside the Vegtherm causing severe fuel restriction. I believe running ice cold diesel during winter right after hot oil caused a buildup of oil inside the Vegtherm tube. Running rear fuel hot will always prevent a buildup. Also less thermal shock to the fuel pump...if that matters.

Vegistroke :lmao

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now u guys have me scratching my head about where to place the fphe.:confused: How much 3/8 fuel injection hose and 1/2 heater hose do i need roughly? My truck is a club cab long box?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Ben should remember and his is a CC. Mine is a reg cab and was converted 28 months ago but wisdom dictates to measure twice and cut once AND always buy more length than you think you'll need.

Vegistroke :lmao

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought 50 foot of coolant hose and about 75 foot of fuel line. I had quite a bit of extra. If you wanted to do a quick gauge so you don't have a lot of waste, you could take the length of your truck, add the width, then multiply by two -- that'd give you enough for the coolant lines. Double that amount for fuel lines. (because you're plumbing both tanks). I'm about 30 minutes from any parts store, so I wanted to make sure I had plenty. I knew if I had lots of extra, I'd use it somewhere.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch... Here's what I'd do. It'll get you pretty darn close.

Go get some aqaurium hose (heck, string would even work)....and mock up the lines you're going to run. Then, just buy a few feet extra. It's a bunch of work, I know, but when your line costs are like that, it could be a several hundred dollar savings...

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh...Also, I ran my lines on the passenger side, so I used more fuel line, but less coolant that if you're going to run them on the drivers side...

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found a place in town that sells 3/8 polyurethane fuel line for 1.22 a foot. the guys says it's rated for diesel and veggie oil. Will this work for fuel line? How hot will the oil be?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58