Plant drive kit install

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I agree with Ben. The dash dummy gauge is exactly that. Borrow an IR heat gun and aim it at the t-stat housing once fully warm to put your mind at rest. Then seriously consider an aftermarket temp gauge or two. My two vegoil gauges (coolant and vegoil) are by far the most important gauges. My pyro, tranny and boost are nice but really not as important.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, got the info finally. But im working outta town for the next 2 weeks so no chance to do my install. But after that i have two weeks off and i will get'er done. What gauges are better mechanical or electric? What kind of gauge do u use for oil temp? The napa doesnt have a one that shows oil temp just pressure.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
At first I had Cyberdyne electrical digital gauges. They sucked. I had false readings and it would scroll up and down really fast at the most inopportune times. Then I got Stewart Warner mechanical gauges from Summit Racing. They're out-friggin-standing. The beauty of mechanical gauges is they read temp while the truck is off so if you're parked while on diesel with a hot engine and your coolant reads >160*F you can startup on vegoil. They're both water gauges as the degree range for water gauges is perfect for vegoil. The vegoil gauge is named SOYL (soy oil), but it's really rice bran oil in the tank. :D

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Probably the longest install on record. :D
grd.gif

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i know it has taken a long time. Between work and building a shop i have had very little time. Also i couldn't have my truck down for a few days but with my time off that wont be problem. Monday i will start for sure. I will take pics as i go and then if some tells me how to upload them i will add them to this post.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today i start. i plan dropping the front tank and finding good mounting locations for the filters, fphe, and getting those dailed in. Maybe even start on the cooliant loop. I didnt get instructions for the fuel billet bowl delete slug. I'm guessing it just drops in and u line up the holes with the holes in the fuel bowl.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got it. I don't think you HAVE to line up the holes, it doesn't fit tight enough to restrict flow...it just goes around the outside of the slug...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14