Plant drive kit install

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Well I see 180*F right before the fuel pump. ;tu I have no opinion on your poly fuel line but I can very strongly suggest you get J30R9 fuel injection hose on either side of the Vegtherm Mega. That puppy really heat up and only the J30R9 can handle such heat over a long period of time. A foot or so on each end is sufficient.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I have about 6 feet of the 30R9 so that should be fine around the vegtherm mega. I bought as much as they had of that poly line, 25 feet. It's seem to be rated for everything I need. Ordered more, should be here in about a week. More set backs, might as well do it right the first time. The place is sweet though, much cheaper and carries lots of fittings and hoses. More time to plan this sucker out i guess.

Last edited:

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had to work outta town so, no progress to report yet. But I should be on it in the next few days and by then the rest of my hose should be here.

Last edited:

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have instructions for the hotfox. My mine never had any with it and the ones u email me hheynow are on different computer. But the only question i really have is. When i install it i just have to take out the stock sending unit and install the hot fox in that hole? thanx again for the help

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
My dog ate my homework. :lmao
Geez dude get back to that other computer and print every page. :rant :D
The sender hole is and will still be the float/sender hole for the stock float/sender which you need to remove to install the hot fox in an adjacent hole that you will drill. Is your tank steel or plastic? Make sure your hole saw (the one you will soon buy :D) is for metal if you have metal because the one for plastic won't scratch a metal tank.
My dog ate my homework. :lmao

On edit you should email Craig Reese and ask for the Hot Fox instructions. Didn't you get a .pdf file for the complete installation? Two years ago all the Plant Drive installation instructions were in a folder on printed paper.

Last edited:

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the info u talk of and also the hotfox instructions u emailed me are on a computer that is broken right now. Its getting fixed but might be a bit before she is up and running.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i have run into a problem of sorts. It sorta has to do with my install since my truck wont get up to operating temp. I thought it was my thermostat being stuck open but i have just changed it out and it still wont get their. Usually it goes up to the m in normal and opens up and then it just stays around the r. Now it just stays around the n barely. I get warm air if the heater is turned on. Any ideas on what might be causing this.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dash indicator is not good for telling the actual temp of your system.

I thought I had a problem, too, but after I got a real temp guage, I quickly learned that the dash doesn't really tell you anything.

I can be where you are on the dash, but be anywhere from 180 - 220 on the actual temp. I'd bet you are in good shape where you are...but you can get a real gauge to be sure. You'll want a couple anyways for when you've got your conversion install so you know when it's OK to switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58