Please help! 2006 6.0L down in Alaska

Mark Hastings

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Dude You bought it in Mississippi did you know that there may be some reprograming that needs to be done because you went from a basicly warm climate to a very cold climate,I'll give you an example like the IDI's the pumps had to be set up for the cold or hot temps so it would run right it's like the IDI I have at work for my service truck if I moved to New England or Alaska I'd have to change the pump so I think you are going to be looking at a reprogram issue for the glow plugs and fuel system.:(

Mark Hastings

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We had issues with our 6.0's at the shop with extreme smoking and after about a week at the dealer ford dumped a TSB in the system the day after the dealer talked to them and then the dealer had to reflash the computer which fixed the problem and each truck we got after that had to be done,I don't think Ford had any idea were the trucks would end up like ours could've been set up for texas so I suggest you take you vin and talk to the dealer and ask them if it needs to be reprogramed for Alaska.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You may have a corroded water separator housing. There is a TSP (Technical Service Bulletin) to fix this. Changing out the housing is the cure.

Dave

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
Genysis 2.0 is the reader I've been using, it's what the State of Alaska garage has, where snow plows for our runway are worked on. I have Enginuity but haven't loaded it yet. I'll be working on the truck again tonight, and I'll be taking into consideration the input I've gotten here. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude you GOTTA load that autoenginuity...its got all kinds of test
and diagnostics.

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
Diesel fans,

Got the AutoEnginuity loaded on my laptop and successfully connected to my truck and cleared all DTC's. I ran the injector test, and all injectors replied with a loud click, all sounded strong. I ran the KOEO test and got no results. I now have no trouble codes and still no start. What should I do now?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the battery condition now ?
what happens, does it turn over ? fire <any> ?

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
It turns over. It's on charge right now, I ran the batteries down again trying to crank it. When the Battery Level trouble code came up I put it on charge and will go back tomorrow.

It turns over and never sounds like it is trying to fire up, just the starter cranking, nothing else. It's getting fuel, I took the cap off the filter and watched the filter housing fill up. I'm running out of ideas. I do have the Enginuity software working but of course I have a lot to learn before I can take full advantage of it.

dpantazis

Reaction score
after you make sure batteries are charged, you should check your glow plug circuits. iirc (i am 7.3), disconnect the the engine oil temp sensor and check the relay function.

then i would check the glowplugs like bush and crumm said.

dp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58