PowerStroke Diesel Being Replaced By?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HUH ??? its the same way its done on the 2008...headlights
on the bottom ! fact of the matter is from the outside this
is nothing more than a 2008 w/ a different HOOD.

that HOOD id HUGE (big rise to fit the new motor).

and if the new motor werent enough to scare any of you...
itll be paired w/ a NEW tranny too... :lmao

just found my reasons NOT to buy another before 2012 or 2013 !
some one pray that mine doesnt get crashed before 2012 !

intro.jpg

THAT is UGLY :eek::eek:

Whadya think those little thingy's are.... hang'n down under the pan area ??

Hope thats not the production version.

Last edited:

Fine69

Reaction score
WOW, you guys are rough! Its a MULE! It won't look that way when it goes into production. If or when, Ford does in fact ditch Navistar, I'll be one of the first in line to buy one!

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
WOW, you guys are rough! Its a MULE! It won't look that way when it goes into production. If or when, Ford does in fact ditch Navistar, I'll be one of the first in line to buy one!

I would wait a few years unless you like being at the dealership waiting room. That first couple years worth of trucks will be in the shop Guaranteed!

Fine69

Reaction score
Although I love my 05, I have come to know the waiting room, the service dept, the service manger, and the techs VERY well with this 6.0!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
So the 6.4 will have a 3 year run. I can only assume the transmission will be a 6 speed. Or 7. How does this happen to Ford? The 6.9, 7.3, 6.0, 6.4, and in the future a 6.7? I can't imagine the capital investment needed to develop and market an emission compliant diesel. Whats really disturbing is the 6.4 HAD to go to market with the in-house development of an engine already on the drawing board. So the public is being sold a vehicle with an engine being used for a transitional period. The name Power Stroke apparently belongs to IH, so we'll have a "Scorpion" diesel. I really like my Fords but this is getting to be ridiculous. The wife wants to keep her F150, kid loves her Explorer, I have to move on. My truck is getting real tired and needs to be replaced. Not sure what to do.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they first came out with the superduty, there were mules running all around here with the engine and the old body style.

Couple of things to notice, it is probably the new frame and old body. That means that they have to adjust the body to fit the frame. The black things on the side are the fuel filler doors, because it may not have lined up exactly with the door of the current super duty. Also, that multiple contours on the hood are too expensive for production, so figure that there it is probably running a twin turbo setup. The Brow over the grill is probably just so that the drivers of the mule would know that it was not the typical 08 super duty.

I am thinking that this one will probably be closer to the Tonka than the superdduty was. But then, these are pure wild speculations. Please insert your own.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
So the 6.4 will have a 3 year run. I can only assume the transmission will be a 6 speed. Or 7. How does this happen to Ford? The 6.9, 7.3, 6.0, 6.4, and in the future a 6.7? I can't imagine the capital investment needed to develop and market an emission compliant diesel. Whats really disturbing is the 6.4 HAD to go to market with the in-house development of an engine already on the drawing board. So the public is being sold a vehicle with an engine being used for a transitional period. The name Power Stroke apparently belongs to IH, so we'll have a "Scorpion" diesel. I really like my Fords but this is getting to be ridiculous. The wife wants to keep her F150, kid loves her Explorer, I have to move on. My truck is getting real tired and needs to be replaced. Not sure what to do.

I doubt it will be called the Scorpion diesel, that is just a PROJECT Name, all the big companies do it.

Actually FORD owns the trademark of the "POWER STROKE" name ;tu

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Word Mark POWER STROKE
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: engines for land vehicles. FIRST USE: 19950831. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19950831
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78322943
Filing Date November 4, 2003
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition February 1, 2005
Registration Number 2943718
Registration Date April 26, 2005
Owner (REGISTRANT) FORD MOTOR COMPANY CORPORATION DELAWARE SUITE 600 PARKLANE TOWERS EAST DEARBORN MICHIGAN 48216
Attorney of Record DANIELLE B. LEMACK
Prior Registrations 2075967
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

;)

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Word Mark POWER STROKE
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: land vehicles, namely, trucks and structural parts thereof. FIRST USE: 19950831. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19950831
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 74485639
Filing Date February 2, 1994
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition June 6, 1995
Registration Number 2075967
Registration Date July 1, 1997
Owner (REGISTRANT) FORD MOTOR COMPANY CORPORATION DELAWARE ONE American Road Dearborn MICHIGAN 48126
Attorney of Record ELIZABETH F. JANDA
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20070803.
Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 20070803
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

This is another one also ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14