PowerStroke Diesel Being Replaced By?

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, that "Scorpion" is probably a project name. Since Ford has "PowerStroke" trademarked, then any diesel from any manufacturer (aside from Cummins or Catepillar) would be considered a "PowerStroke". More than likely, Cummins and Cat would want their name to be included with any marketing and/or branding.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yea, I really DOUBT they will be dropping the Power Stroke name ANY time soon.

But I could be wrong ;)

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
O.K. They keep the name. Thats a good thing. This should get good, actually. I have to wonder how much of IH's revenue is based on the sale of diesel engines to Ford. Better yet, what will this new engine be like? IH has been around for a while. So has Cummins. So has Isuzu / GM D-max combo. It will be interesting to see Ford step up the plate and offer an in-house power plant. I would say if it fails, they will too. Just my .02

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Hope that's a 4*2. It just looks wimpy! Bumper too low & small. Grill too big. Too much hood. Headlights look Like they came off an old van. I really hope there are some changes after the feedback comes in. Not that I care, I'm driving mine forever!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope that's a 4*2. It just looks wimpy! Bumper too low & small. Grill too big. Too much hood. Headlights look Like they came off an old van. I really hope there are some changes after the feedback comes in. Not that I care, I'm driving mine forever!

have you guys not seen the 2008s ??? thats ALL IT IS...a 2008 (xl or xlt)
w/ a different hood.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O.K. They keep the name. Thats a good thing. This should get good, actually. I have to wonder how much of IH's revenue is based on the sale of diesel engines to Ford. Better yet, what will this new engine be like? IH has been around for a while. So has Cummins. So has Isuzu / GM D-max combo. It will be interesting to see Ford step up the plate and offer an in-house power plant. I would say if it fails, they will too. Just my .02

one POSITIVE way to look at this...is FORD wont have all that
boat anchor legacy holding 'em back...and what really EARTH
MOVING changes could they implement ? direct injections ? twin
turbos ? egr ? dpf ? intercoolers ? its all been done before and they
have the experiance of learning from others as well as themselves !

Scot

;()
Reaction score
have you guys not seen the 2008s ??? thats ALL IT IS...a 2008 (xl or xlt)
w/ a different hood.

Don't like the 08 either... Guess I never one so XLish. They just made an ugly truck uglier!

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinkn the root cause of the battle between Ford & IH is EPA driven.

Ford/IH tried 4 times to build a competitive, but Compliant diesel engine for the private consumer market. As the EPA upped the requirement standards, a new design/concept was required because each engine was at it's MAX capability for compliance. To Much, To Soon. Consumer feedback & complaints were just to much. Ford and IH each, has stood their ground on who was to blame for what. GM/Mitsubishi, Chrysler/Cummings went through the same litigation's, but Ford/IH had the sales numbers. (Bigger Battle)

Ford will now try and build it's own Diesel ? I'm not so sure Ford (As Big as they Are) can pull it off. I wunder who will REALLY build it.

That truck with the, Too Big of a Hood, Too Small of a Bumper and 90's Van Headlights is still UGLY :lmao;):)

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Ford will now try and build it's own Diesel ? I'm not so sure Ford (As Big as they Are) can pull it off. I wunder who will REALLY build it.

I'm with ya, Big Joe. Ford's been crying poor church mouse for years. Now suddenly they are going to develop and manufacture an in house diesel? As long as its really complex, has multiple turbo's, and at least 3 egr's, sign me up. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14