progressively worse

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
geeez somebody please

After a great 3 or 4 hours of great running, I am sorry to say it is right back at it!! Check engine -1/2 power. I pulled the filter back out to check if screen was again plugged and I pulled very little out, probably just what I missed yesterday. If it sits for an hour it's worse. Can anything else plug fuel related back at the tank? Guess it is time to tow and scan. Wits end.

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
not back yet

Well Clem, I thought we had it. 95F250 7.3 Auto4X4. Runs great, then check engine 1/2 power limp mode. Not IDM, CPS, IPS, unplugging map sensor did not change it. Closest we came was yesterday when I pulled the filter and cleaned the screen. Ran good I said "like a scalded ass dog" after that for a couple hours. Started hard plugged in at -2 below this morning but started, plowed for an hour, shut it off for about an hour and it's back to its same old ****! I have under VC wire harness's ordered but if it was that how could it run for an hour or two straight with no problem and the pins look good? It seems like fuel pressure or related but what else can I check that way? I did see a few red drops this morning after i moved it. Oil is up and clean. I will have to find someone to scan it I know. Any more guesses meanwhile?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
This sounds like you have junk in the tank. Drop the tank and check it out before you get too upset. Tanks do collect junk.

Dave

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Rich said it could be oil foaming up not letting the injectors work properly,make sure you have heavy duty oil for diesels.Like Mud said take your oil fill cap off and sniff in VC for burnt wire smell for a bad UVC harness.Another thought would be to unplug your EBPV two wire connector under the intake side of the turbo,when that closes up it takes away a lot of power.

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The oil makes sense. Never had a problem until the oil was changed. Knowing my tow guy, he put in whatever he has in the drum for his car changes. I will give it another shot. Thanks, I will let you guys know.

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
not oil

Just changed the oil to Rotellat 15w-40 and.... no change, still happening.
Tried to see if I could smell burned wires in the oil fill hole. I couldn't really tell. Although when the new harness's come I will pull the valve covers to closely inspect. Clem, also tried unpluggin wire harness on side of turbo no difference. What kind kind of scanner works on this truck? I went to the OBD2site and it talks about 97 and up F250. Better off taking it to a Ford dealer to diagnose?

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Have you got a reading of your fuel pressure when it is running like this?

www.autotap.com I think this one would work from whatI have read not a bad price either.

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
fuel pressure

I have no service manual, so I am assuming that would be taken on the side of the fuel pressure regulator. I guess there would be a gauge available somewhere for it? If it is too low, does that mean the regulator needs to be replacing or the fault lies back further?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14