progressively worse

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
thewater why don't you fill out your signature. It will help us all in seeing what you drive and where you live. Click on the "User CP" button above and fill it out.

Dave

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The harness's are all clean, plugged in, and not burnt. Seems to be looking fuel or fuel pump related. It will be interesting to see what codes show up when my buddy gets here tomorrow with his scanner. Lets see, now i have a spare IDM, 2 new harness's. I guess I will stow away for a rainy day. I love this old truck, I guess I will keep her or get another one like it next time shorter!

Last edited:

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
codes

My buddy just left with his scanner. Here are the results, two codes thrown. Exhaust pressure feedback sensor, and number two cyl injector wiring fault. That would be drivers side? The exhaust feedback sensor part shows bad all the time, the injector wiring fault is bad when problem occurs. Anything special I need to know about removing the valve cover and replacing the harness's?

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Scratching my head here, but I believe the #2 would be the second one from the front on the drivers side.

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks, where would the exhaust pressure feedback sensor be? Dealer or AutoZone for that? i already have the new harness's.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The EBPV sensor is locate near the HPOP on a bracket. Its circled in this pic. Make sure that the tube going to the bottom of it is not plugged with soot and more commonly, make sure someone hasnt unhooked the EBPV solenoid. It is located on the drivers side of the turbo, kinda tucked inbetween the valve cover and the turbo compressor. Guys will unhook it when the EBPV starts to get a mind of its own and close at inappropriate times. When its unhooked, you get the EBPV code all the time.

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The problem is solved. The front under VC harness was toast as well as the connector part of the gasket. Melted to look like cheese in the micro. It's a miracle it could run at all. Thanks Clem and fellow strokers.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
thewater47 said:
What are the symptoms of closing when it shouldn't?
If you are getting the EBPV code all the time, I would think someone has unplugged the solenoid, in which case it will NEVER close. But, if it closes when its not supposed to you will feel a sudden decrease in power and it will feel gutless, RPM's wont go much over 1900-2000 or so. Sound like what you have going on?

If that sucker isnt unplugged, then by all means unplug it and rule it out remember, unplugged will give the EBPV code but NOT set the CEL light.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the turbo and it shows the location of the solenoid connector plug. To access it you will probably have to remove the air filter inlet hose to the turbo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg