progressively worse

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When the injector or injectors were shorting, I could barely keep it running at all at 500rpm, floored it would barely move in reverse. When not shorting and producing the CEL it seemed to have plenty of power. I think i will take your advise though and unplug the EBPs anyway when i put it back together. Thanks, thewater

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Did the VC harness fix your problem? If I'm not mistaken if one shorts out won't the pcm shut the hole bank down?

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will be picking up or ordering the gasket today and putting it in as soon as I get my hands on it, then I will know. The wire through portion of the gasket was melted as well as the connector. It does seem as though more than one was shut down, the scanner only said wiring, cyl #2. My buddy also mentioned codes for EBP and/or EPFS. 95 Stroker suggested unplugging the EPFS

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
One more question since I dont have a service manual. Valve cover bolt torque? Thanks

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
thewater47 said:
One more question since I dont have a service manual. Valve cover bolt torque? Thanks
97 inch pounds. Or about 8 ft lbs, works best to use an inch pounds capable torque wrench, most ft lbs TW's arent accurate that low.

thewater47

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It's back together and I fired it up last night. All is well so far. Now we'll see how it goes for a while. Thanks for the help.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
97 inch pounds. Or about 8 ft lbs, works best to use an inch pounds capable torque wrench, most ft lbs TW's arent accurate that low.

So did you know that spec off the top of your head? I'm a terrible mechanic and rarely pull out the torque wrench just tighten them to what I think they need to be or until the wrist clicks ;)

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
BJS, Bookmark THIS. I have the '97 CD service manual. Should you need any info from it in the future, feel free to send me a PM.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
BJS said:
So did you know that spec off the top of your head? I'm a terrible mechanic and rarely pull out the torque wrench just tighten them to what I think they need to be or until the wrist clicks ;)
Off the top of the old noggin............. nope! But I knew it was in that 10 ft/lb range and was pretty certain it was an in/lb rating. I had to refrence this article written by some handsome devil. Page 6 states torque specs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg