pyro temps towing to hot for stock?

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an banks exhaust brake on it.theres a black canister by the downpipe,with a rod coming out of it going to the downpipe which im assuming connects to a butterfly valve.the canister inside is spring loaded,and there is a blue vacuum line going to it,therefore the vacuum that is built up,suck the spring and rod upward thus closing the buuterfly valve which creates the engine braking.so my theory was that maybe its getting partially closed while just driving because of a malfunction in the brake system,therefore always putting some exhaust back into the engine creating heat.i dont know if the power is weak or not because this is the only obs powerstroke i have ever driven,so for all i know,this thing could be being robbed of good power and i wouldnt even know it.the thing is though i can buil boost well,while towing the other day i almost hit 20psi of boost,that was also at about 1300* towing 2k!on flat land with basically stock engine,i have no 10k mod in either,this is all stock numbers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14