pyro temps towing to hot for stock?

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the intake will lower egts. With my truck setup exactly like it is now, from a dead stop accelerating empty untill governor cutoff in fourth WILL not overheat the temps. You gotta problem man. Even with my programmer in any setting with stock injectors, it was not even close to getting hot empty EVER. I now have stage 1s, so alot more fuel and I still have to really try to get it hot empty.

If his ebpv was stuck there is no way he could make the boost hes making. I'm kinda stumped here. Like I said, that downpipe doesn't help at all, but with stock injectors I don't think that would even matter that much.

Didn't you recently by this truck? Have you looked at your pcm and made sure the po didn't put a chip in it?

i actually had the pcm out of it last night,i was trying a diablo chip from a newer sd,but it didnt work ofcourse,so no,there is no chip.anyway i can hop on the highway put it in 5th and gun it and i can get up to 1200 or so doin around 90.today i hooked up to the trailer again(2k about)got on the highway and left it in fourth.egts were def. better but were still 1000-1050 cruisin at like 70-75.full throttle in 4th my boost gauge was just under 20psi,and then my boost line would blow out of the t fitting,everytime i got on it to much it would blow out,but i was pushin almost 20psi,the gauge was fluttering alot but it was well over 15psi,this is a bit higher then stock correct?the truck does not drive like it has any perf. parts on it,its slow and in 5th it seems to have trouble pullin 2k,so i dont think it has any perf. parts.what i meant by my open intake is maybe its to small for the truck and is restrictive,therefore makin egts higher then normal,maybe ill try to switch em and see then.i have no clue though.:dunno

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it possible i put the egt probe in the wrong spot?could i have put it near something that.......i have no idea were im going with this,but does anyone know what i mean?its on the drivers side exh. manifold right by the bend,like i said before,i idle around 225*.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
sounds like its in the right spot.

is the truck auto or standard?

at 70-75 how many rpms were you at?

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
sounds about right. In my truck with an auto trany with OD off, I'm about the same RPMs. 20 psi is a little higher than stock, but in the normal range.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could it be possible that my exhaust brake is screwing up,it seems to operate fine,but what if the butterfly isnt opening up all the way,could happen,i dont understand it.:dunno

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
where is the brake mounted? could you take the exhaust off and run just a downpipe for a comparison without the brake in the mix?

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i took the vacuum line off so it couldnt close the butterfly but it didnt seem to change, i jumped on the highway and ran 5th up and hit 1250 with no load,maybe its just my gear/tire combo.35's and 3.55.:dunno

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
that's a possibility. The only thing I can figure is try your stock tires if you still have em. If not, then I don't know what to say.

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
well i took the vacuum line off so it couldnt close the butterfly but it didnt seem to change, i jumped on the highway and ran 5th up and hit 1250 with no load,maybe its just my gear/tire combo.35's and 3.55.:dunno

??????You're truck doesn't have an exhaust brake or vacuum line unless someone's changed somthing up. You should have a exhaust backpressure valve, which is ran by oil pressure, no vacuum lines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14