salesman says i should

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
out the door. i'll be back in a while to fill everyone in who is anxiously waiting the results.-popcorn :sweet

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
is everyone sitting down.-mad
got to dealer, spoke w/ service writer, asked a couple of questions, looked over the work order. the tech recalibrated for my larger tires:thumbs , in writing that they did the 59b01 cust. assurance test drive to recheck for any codes:thumbs , did the latest recall(reprogram PCM, TCM, FICM), did camshaft position sensor, replaced driver side glow plug harness, installed manifold exhaust gaskets, crankshaft rear main and assembly. now for side notes: air filter requires future attention, fuel system/filters reuires future attention, recommend fuel additive(snake oil--oh i bought 2 bottles $5.49ea.), recommend using motorcraft oil. do not pass go, and collect $100.

now for the good stuff: went to talk to salesman-to clear up a few things and let him know how i feel. i got a better explanation of the home depot screwdriver return policy (although i don't understand it any better). he says basically for ex. that their are 400 H.D. and you can return it to any store and they just code it under a return code. now you can go to frank's ford, bob's ford and hillbillys are us ford and each one is independently owned. yes they are all ford, but, one can not look up what/how/when things were done at the other dealer. i am confusing everyone cuz i sure am confused. i said just run the damn vin # and get all the info. well, i said that to the ser. writer and his response was it only goes back 60 days and thats it. of which i new was a crock-o-craptackular.

i go out to leave and walk around the corner directly into the tech who did the work and told him thanks for answering my questions and could i ask him some more. we went out to the truck and he wanted to know if anyone told me the fuel/air filters were about shot - i said no. then showed him the picture of the degas bottle test, asked if he performed it and he said no. i had him look into the degas bottle to tell me if the crudler in it was good/bad-he said it was o.k. then showed him the #6/8 injector with the crap all stuck to it and he said i never saw that before and it could be cause for concern although it probably was blow by from the rear main leak.:dunno -mad don't know how it goes from the bottom of the bell housing to the top of the engine up against the firewall but hey he is the tech.:roflmao

i say thanks again and then go back in to see the ser. mgr. and say thanks and i hope no hard feelings and go to shake his hand. WELL, his response was this and i quote "you call me and my staff billy bob and knucklehead, insult me and my service writers and my technician, you got your truck back i hope you are happy and i am going to say no to a hand shake". i said hey wait a minute, i never once insulted you or your tech or staff and did not call you those names, who said i did. his answer was 'i have my sources'. i stormed off to go see the owner who was in a closed door meeting. damn was i pissed, so mad i was shaking. i just had to leave. i told my salesman we got issues and told him to tell mr. owner to call me and guess what i am still waiting.

SO, i drove straight from their dealership to another. (i checked the mileage and low and behold, it sure looks like they never test drove it but maybe 2-3 miles) not sure how that works for we drove it for awhile and running the 20-25 mile 59b01 cust. ass. test drive works but o well, they are the ones who know best.:dunno got to that dealership, asked him to pull an oasis and what do you know, it went back to the second it came off the assembly line, not only back 60 days.-mad spoke w/ the ser. mgr. for maybe 5 min. and showed him my underliner, explained the smoke, told him of their compression test, and he said say no more. you got issues, probably the head gaskets leaking, could also be the egr cooler, the compression test does not detect the head leak. i said DUH. made an appointment next week to have it looked into and hey, they pull the cab off the chasis to do the repairs...:thumbs

results of the 06e17b reprogram: once truck warms up, has what seems like a little better kick in the pants get up and go. shifts seem harder(quicker) feel free to pass along any words of wisdom or the name of a good lawyer.:sweet

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW That is the only word of widsom I have after reading that last post. Ya gotta wonder how some of these service managers get that position... well, remember who the owner is and his attitude. I think you are on the right track shoppin' for a new service dealer. Going in for service does not have to be a painful experience. Mine have been great. I did have one shifty service advisor at the beginning but when I found out he was not on the ball regarding diesels and telling me things that did not make a lick of sence, I dropped him like a hot potato.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Greg-
I got other words than 'wow'. and it is now wed. morning and still no phone call from mr. owner. i guess i better sharpen my pencil for a little letter writing.(and by the looks of it i would have lots to say:roflmao )
an update on the flash: truck fired off pretty quick this morning, quicker than before, but she still puked blue smoke like no tomorrow.:confused:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you really want to set his place a blaze, spend $250 and put an ad in the front page of the local paper. Make it look pretty and shoot it off. Explain your run of events, and their piss poor handling of the situation, and give your OPINION (that part is very important) that based on your experiences, you would recommend people very wary of that dealership.

See if you get a call from Mr. Owner then.

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kleetus said:
If you really want to set his place a blaze, spend $250 and put an ad in the front page of the local paper. Make it look pretty and shoot it off. Explain your run of events, and their piss poor handling of the situation, and give your OPINION (that part is very important) that based on your experiences, you would recommend people very wary of that dealership.

See if you get a call from Mr. Owner then.
GREAT IDEA!!!! I say DO IT!!! All dealers (regardless of make) should realize that the salesman sells the first vehicle, and the service department sells the others. It doesn't matter how nice the salesman is, if you can't get good service, there's no use in buying there again.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haulin8or said:
Ya gotta wonder how some of these service managers get that position...

most are probably failed sales men, certainly not mechanics thats
for sure...cause ive never met ONE that knew a f'in thing about cars
trucks engines or transmissions <diesel or gas>

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
most are probably failed sales men, certainly not mechanics thats
for sure...cause ive never met ONE that knew a f'in thing about cars
trucks engines or transmissions <diesel or gas>

you know, after i retired from the navy, I interviewd for a service writer job at a dudge place, but he kept trying to get me to turn wrenches instead, boy you got to many qualifications to be a little ol service writer.......:D
I think i would have done good, :D :roflmao

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised that he didn't shake your hand no matter what you said about him, what an a-hole

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
From the looks of it you pissed off the service manager more than he pissed you off. That's a job well done. :sweet You're upset because your leased truck (which is not your problem in 5 months) isn't getting serviced to your standards. He's pissed off because the owner is in his business because customers are complaining about him. His problem may take a lot longer to get resolved than 5 months.

Take out an ad in the paper if that'll make you feel better, then buy a calendar and start counting the days until Sep 12 when you can wash your hands of the truck WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE. You've done everything you could to get the truck fixed and it just wasn't working.

Time to quite stressin over this issue and start planning your next purchase or lease.

That's my not-so-humble opinion! :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58