SES light

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score

The sensor on the front of the motor that goes to the tube that sumtimes gets plugged is part of the EBPV system right? I thought disconnecting this would make the butterfly not work? Or is there wires down on the ebpv on the turbo that i need to disconnect?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Ok this prob seems to be gettin worse. Today I was doin 70mph, came into town where it drops to 45. Let off the throttle and it was idling so damn bad. Very rough. I pulled into a parking lot and it was idling so bad. Sounded like only runnin on half the cylinders. Then it died on me. It started right up as normal but idled rough. Left the lot and made it to work. No SES or CES lights. Starts up everytime. Seems to run normal at highway speeds. Slight rpm increase from idle still has a slight surge to it. Been searchin the net and some say CPS, ICM, and a few other parts. Im thinkin about pullin the valve covers off and checkin connections and stuff. Havnt done a buzz test yet either. I need to hook up the scanner. Anyone have some other ideas. I still get the SES light at start up. It was warm this afternoon and the SES light came on for the first time. Usually just comes on when its cold out. Now seems to be coming on when its warm but goes out after a few mins. :rant

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
You are going to have to get it scanned to get a clue. You and everyone else is guessing.

Dave ;tu

Yea i figured that. Just like to get a real rough idea what it might be. I will try to get it scanned tomarrow or somethin. I will keep everyone posted.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Also noticed the throttle is touchier. Barely put yer foot on it and the rpms go WAY up. Maybe TPS??

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random rough idle may be due to poor VC gaskets or UVC harnesses or UVC harness connections.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14