SES light

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Random rough idle may be due to poor VC gaskets or UVC harnesses or UVC harness connections.

Would this cause it to run normal at higher rpm's? It goes 70mph no prob. Seems to have good power, isnt sluggish at all. Its just once that SES light goes off it will just die like someone shut the key off. It starts right up but idles like crap. Sounds like I got one hell of a cam in it. I had a new CPS in the glovebox so I installed that. Didnt help of course. The harness was gonna be one of my next checks but would that throw a code? You'd think it would throw a CEL or somethin. While its idling like crap, there are NO SES or CEL at all.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Would this cause it to run normal at higher rpm's? It goes 70mph no prob. Seems to have good power, isnt sluggish at all. Its just once that SES light goes off it will just die like someone shut the key off. It starts right up but idles like crap. Sounds like I got one hell of a cam in it. I had a new CPS in the glovebox so I installed that. Didnt help of course. The harness was gonna be one of my next checks but would that throw a code? You'd think it would throw a CEL or somethin. While its idling like crap, there are NO SES or CEL at all.

well, not all codes cause a CEL..

my truck has a bad injector, and invariably it will have a contribution code, or a "wont switch low-high" code in it, but it never illuminates the CEL..

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
well, not all codes cause a CEL..

my truck has a bad injector, and invariably it will have a contribution code, or a "wont switch low-high" code in it, but it never illuminates the CEL..

Thanks for the info! Hopefully I can get it scanned tonight.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well JL you mentioned the ICP sensor earlier in this thread. I did some more researching and the ICP and IPR came up with my symptons. I went ahead and pulled the connector at the ICP and it had oil in it. Can I just leave it disconnected? Also i am hearing that the IPR can get stuck and gunked up. Are these easy to take apart and clean? Heard there is a screen in there?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IPR's are easy to clean but also easy to mess up if you grab them too firmly with pliers

the computer uses default table values when the ICP is disconnected it should be connected for better performance and economy.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
IPR's are easy to clean but also easy to mess up if you grab them too firmly with pliers

the computer uses default table values when the ICP is disconnected it should be connected for better performance and economy.

Have you cleaned yours before BJS?? Wheres the best place to get the ICP sensor? Mine is leaking badly. Is there a good aftermarket one or am I stuck buyin a stock ford or international one?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That are your best two sources. Aftermarket parts like the ICP sensor are iffy at best. Spend a few more $$ and get a real one.

Dave ;tu

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
That are your best two sources. Aftermarket parts like the ICP sensor are iffy at best. Spend a few more $$ and get a real one.

Dave ;tu

Totally agree with ya dave. I hate spendin money twice. Is the ford one better or the international one better to have?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you cleaned yours before BJS?? Wheres the best place to get the ICP sensor? Mine is leaking badly. Is there a good aftermarket one or am I stuck buyin a stock ford or international one?

yes I've cleaned 2 and right now I'm 1:1, I lucked out on my truck that the local wrecking yard had a PSD and only knew the engine was work money all together but not prices for the individual components so I bought a fuel pressure regulator for $10. :innocent and to my benefit the block was cracked when the truck was t-boned.

I honestly will say that if you want to clean it then do so with brake fluid and do not try to separate the internals just spray the brake cleaner in the IPR or soak it overnight in a can of carb cleaner.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58