SES light

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
yes I've cleaned 2 and right now I'm 1:1, I lucked out on my truck that the local wrecking yard had a PSD and only knew the engine was work money all together but not prices for the individual components so I bought a fuel pressure regulator for $10. :innocent and to my benefit the block was cracked when the truck was t-boned.

I honestly will say that if you want to clean it then do so with brake fluid and do not try to separate the internals just spray the brake cleaner in the IPR or soak it overnight in a can of carb cleaner.

Thanks for the info! Why is it not a good idea to take it apart? You think this could be part of my symptons?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the IPR has a plunger in a tube with very very tight clearances the tube is very easily distorted such that the plunger will not move.

Here's a pdf that I've squirreled away in the past that has some decent pictures. I do not recommend using the pipe wrench as shown in the pictures

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Thanks for the info BJS! I went to Ford today and priced the sensor (ICP sensor on the head) and the o'ring kit for rebuilding the IPR. They wanted $36.45 for the oring kit and $145.80 for the sensor. This is with my discount too. Is there a place cheaper in price but same quality??

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
International makes the 7.3 and they have better pricing than Ford.

Dave :)

Next door to our dealership I went to the case dealer. They said they cant get powerstroke parts! WTF?? Thought all case dealers could?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No, Case makes tractors and not trucks. Not the same. International NAVISTAR is where you need to go.

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Just thought that case IH was the same company. Oh well, I will have to search for an international dealer round here I guess. Probably KC is my closest option.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
CNH now (Case New Holland).

Yea I heard. Surprised to hear that one.

Ok now I was hookin up my new stereo and working around the driver side underneath the mast cylinder I noticed a hose around a bunch of huge connectors mounted on a plate on the inner fender well. There are a bunch of 4 big connectors that are 12 to 16 pin connectors all in a row. The farthest forward one had a bunch of wires that were almost rubbed through because of that hose touching them. They werent broken yet but were very close and were corroded very badly. I zip tied the hose out of the way so now Im cuttin the bad spots out of the wires and soldering them back together and using shrink tubing. I've been lookin all over the place to see what do all these connectors go to? Curious to know if this is what has been causing my SES light and high idle prob and lope at idle prob. Anyone have pics or info on this subject??

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I've hooked my truck up to multiple obdII scanners and its not throwing a code yet the ses light is on. Now my truck will die as soon as the light goes out and will restart right back up but will idle like crap (lopeing). We left the scanner hooked up while the truck died and still nothin. I looked into the ICP sensor probs I've read on the internet and a common prob is they start leakin oil where the connector plugs in. Sure enough mine is leaking oil. The oil causes probs with the electrical contacts. While it was running rough I unplugged the sensor and it smoothed out. Seems to not have the symptons but the ses light is on of course which I figured that. So looks like time to pay $140 for the sensor from ford or are there other aftermarket ones or is the international one cheaper?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58