Shopping for new HDTV

CHPMustang

Reaction score
;tu

That's the one we decided on too. Except we're going for the 52 :sly
The 5271 was what the wife initially was set on but recent surfacing from new Samsung 52" owners experiencing dead pixel contamination on sets less than 2 months old.

Amazon.com has/had the 5271 on sale for $2,549 shipped & installed which can't be beat in any CC or BB store.:sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I have started doing some research on 37" models. Found this interesting.

DailyTech - Vizio Overtakes Sony, Samsung, Others in LCD TV Sales

Tbar
Vizios are a fraction the price of the higher end Sammys,Sony's and Panasonics but have you seen how many are returned to the retailer? I laugh each time I go to Costco as there's someone carting a Vizio back into the store:lmao

But I did look at the V's first till I started reading up at AVS forums where I learned a ton about flat panel screens.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Vizios are a fraction the price of the higher end Sammys,Sony's and Panasonics but have you seen how many are returned to the retailer? I laugh each time I go to Costco as there's someone carting a Vizio back into the store:lmao

But I did look at the V's first till I started reading up at AVS forums where I learned a ton about flat panel screens.

I have a Vizio 32" in the bedroom (only $500) and it has been fine. The remote sucks though and the sounds has gone flakey once. It is a lower-end unit so what can you expect?

How are you guys liking the Samsung's? I leaning pretty hard towards the 5271 myself.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I been reading of new 5271 owners having their LCD panels suffering major dead pixel problems and this is within a couple weeks after taking delivery and Samsung hasn't been very responsive to the problem.

Now the 4671 has been pretty flawless based on new owner feedback.

LCDTVs has pretty good pricing shipped.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
42" Vizio has been very good for me. I recently won a 26" Westinghouse from the Snap-on truck. It is very nice for a free gift usually $400.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Well I finally narrowed down the tv,I picked up a 50" Panasonic Plasma on Sunday;tu The Dish HD guy will be here Tuesday AM to install the new receiver and Dish/s.

Photos of the tv to follow later today.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Well I finally narrowed down the tv,I picked up a 50" Panasonic Plasma on Sunday;tu The Dish HD guy will be here Tuesday AM to install the new receiver and Dish/s.

Photos of the tv to follow later today.

:sweet :sweet :sweet

Tbar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58