Short Bed Dually

slickrick

SLICKRICK w/a BIG...TRUCK
Reaction score
This thread would be MUCH better with pics..... of the short bed Dually of course or pretty women... doesn't much matter to me really...

Slick :sweet

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
So I guess it would be POSSIBLE to upgrade by going with an aftermarket DWB kit and getting the fiberglass fenders out of the Ford parts bin. Paint them the same color as your truck. It would be interesting to see what one looks like.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
slickrick said:
This thread would be MUCH better with pics.....

21975sd434.jpg

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Dually=needs a longbed, they sold a lot of Lariat LE's with CC shorty's, luckily i got a Longbed

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
Dually=needs a longbed.
Why is that :dunno You cannot put enough of a load in a 6' or 8' bed to warrant needing a dually unless you are hauling a slide-in camper. The Dually is mainly for towing big fifth wheels and as long as the nose of the gooseneck does not require a longbed then a shortbed would be fine. By running a crew-cab you get enough wheelbase for towing but then adding a shortbed rather than a longbed you gain a little turning radius. I personally think the shortbed dually is a great tow rig. I don't need one since all I have is a 21' boat and a smaller wells-cargo trailer both of which my SRW F350 and my SRW F150 will tow just fine but if I got a big-ol fifth wheel travel trailer I would be looking at a SB Dually. Just think how much better it would be for getting around town and sight-seeing after you drop the trailer off at the local rv park.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike K said:
Wow, thanks for the link threejacks, that SB dually looks funky.
They also look strange "in person". Like I said earlier, the fenders take almost all of the bed with very little left on each end, and the fuel filler door is in the fender. It would be nice if they'd offer more colors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14