Slight Vibration at take-off

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
Kleetus said:
I've never had a problem with that one... the flange should be balanced on it's own. Think about it. You'd have to get your entire driveline rebalanced every time you change a u joint or replaced a shaft. The Yoke, u joints and shafts are all balanced separately, so when they're all together, they're still balanced. Otherwise you'd have to change everything as a unit from the tranny flange to the flang on the rear axle.
actually you are incorrect sir.
the superduty driveline is balanced as a complete assembly. it is even stamped on the driveshaft that if you do any parts replacement or work on the driveshaft to have the entire system rebalanced.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O k a y so why did they replace my drive shaft (both sections) and transmission flange and leave the one on the rear axle alone?

jwaring

Jim
Reaction score
I don't think those flanges are the cause of most vibrations. I may be wrong but they proabably didn't see the need to mess with the flange coming out of the rear axle for a vibration problem. The balance of the shafts is most important. Ford needs to just replace everything with a one piece shaft and forget about it!

Greg1639

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
fuel filter

I have a F250 Super duty power
power stroke 6.0 liter truck
but my light came on to tell me that there is water in my fuel system but i have no idea on how to get it out since the 6 liter has no canister for the water

and i also have the vibrations while take off and driving

plz help

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Greg and welcome to SDD. Your HFCM (Horizontal Fuel Control Module) is located under the truck just under the driver's seat. There is a brass plug that takes a 6mm allen wrench to remove. Let it drain completely and replace the brass plug and just tighten a little bit more than seated or you will strip it out. Look at your owners manual for further instructions.

Dave

skycop530

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an '04 regular cab that is bone stock chassis wise, and she just developed the take off shutter a few weeks ago. It only seemed to do it when she was at an angle that stretched the chassis. (ex. turning sharply from a dead stop or starting on a up-hill grade) She has 72000 on her, and at first I thought it might be an exhaust clearence problem. I'll check the down pipe and see if it might be rubbing up against the tranny cross member. If that's not the case maybe there is a bolt that has backed out somewhere. I'd really like to figure this out.:confused:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey skycop530 it isn't polite to highjack a thread. Your subject has nothing to do with the topic. Please start a new thread by clicking the "New Thread" button at the top of the forum page. Post often.

Dave :D

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwaring said:
I don't think those flanges are the cause of most vibrations. I may be wrong but they proabably didn't see the need to mess with the flange coming out of the rear axle for a vibration problem. The balance of the shafts is most important. Ford needs to just replace everything with a one piece shaft and forget about it!

I could not agree more with the one piece shaft. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg