Slight Vibration at take-off

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck shuddered at hard take off until i had some recall done about drivability, after that no more vibration. my truck is stock height and stock tires, and 36,500 miles on the odo.

fastmike926

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ford has 2 TSB's for this problem. If you have a 2 piece driveshaft the carrier bearing needs shimmed, if a 1 piece driveshaft there are a couple of options with the rear blocks. This is really common on Crew cab shortbeds.

dealer6

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Kleetus said:
Not sure what to tell ya, but I have one at 20 and 40 mph, and it vibrates alot from takeoff with a decent load behind you. They keep telling me it 's the tires, and I keep telling them I can replicate it without tires on jackstands. Ford rep is supposed to come out next week with an analyzer of some kind. They want me to bring a load...

my truck is doing the samething as you guys are describing, i have a 6" lift and 35's, it just started doing this about a month ago, mine does it from take off and going down the highway around 65 mph, if i put it in tow/haul mode it doesn't do it highway speed but still does it at take off, any ideas??

karla06

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It is the carrier bearing and as someone mentioned above, there is a kit that solves the problem. Really don't think it is the tranny. Lucky for you.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I keep telling Ford that and those retards keep looking at the tires...

Mark Oomkes

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Kleetus said:
Yeah, I keep telling Ford that and those retards keep looking at the tires...

The morons at the dealership where I bought mine tried reflashing to make mine go away. Needless to say, I haven't been back to them for service. Other dealer tried the shims and greatly reduced the vibration, but it's still there.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just talked to the tech, and they are looking at changing the driveshaft completely, but they were hoping to get another truck in that had the same shaft to just swap out and check against. They don't want to buy a shaft if they don't need to, which I can understand.

dealer6

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
karla06 said:
It is the carrier bearing and as someone mentioned above, there is a kit that solves the problem. Really don't think it is the tranny. Lucky for you.

my carrier bearing has already been shimed, even replaced it, still does the same thing, the ford dealer down here told me putting the rear stabilizer back on might help, haven't tried that yet

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know that it's the bearing, but the short shaft. That thing wobbles like a bent stick...

dealer6

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Kleetus said:
I don't know that it's the bearing, but the short shaft. That thing wobbles like a bent stick...

i took my rear axle off to relpace a bent rear spring, i didn't mark the ds when i took it off, could i have put it back on in a different position that could make the ds off balance??? i don't know just a though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg