smoked tail lights on white truck??

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or should I get these?

3156&7-rlx3.jpg

3157-xLX3 Luxeon LED bulb
Super Bright 3 Watt LED 12VDC replacement bulb
16mm Single Intensity Wedge Base - Brightest LED Tail Light bulb on the market BRIGHTER THAN MOST STOCK TAIL LAMP BULBS! - DO NOT USE IN GM DRL's
Super Wide 130 Degree Viewing Angle

Those are the ones I went with. I like'm.:dunno

But again.. The style and shape of the light housing will have a lot to do with the reflection and projection of the LED light beam.

Big K has a handle on OBS truck lights. I'd follow his lead.

Joe

Last edited:

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
3157-w25.jpg

I was looking into using those.

3157-x25 LED bulb
25-LED 12VDC replacement bulb
16mm Dual Intensity wedge base for Tail/Brake applications (SRCK/SACK compatible)- DO NOT USE IN GM DRL's
Unique design has 19 LEDs aiming out the end and 6 radially mounted LEDs aiming 90 degrees from the base for better lens fill
Select LED Color

in red of course.

Is that one ok or no?

Nope, they are JUNK, you get what you pay for, they will not light up the housing at all

GilroyRacing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thanks Big K. I have a 5 speed, so the LED should be just a plug and play type deal. ( i hope any way)

Did you get the LEDs for the reverse Lights as well?

I am when I order the tail light bulbs.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
ok thanks Big K. I have a 5 speed, so the LED should be just a plug and play type deal. ( i hope any way)

Did you get the LEDs for the reverse Lights as well?

I am when I order the tail light bulbs.

Well,

Honesty, I am not sure.

Another draw back is that when the Headlights are on, and you have a bulb out( or a LED bulb), the brake lights will not LIGHT UP.

But I am not sure if this is the case of the 5 speed trucks, but I am guessing it is the same.

More than likely you will need Load Eq's on your truck also. :rant

You can always TRY it and see, and order them if need be.

You will have to test, Headlights ON and hit the brake pedal, if they don't LIGHT up like a brake light, then you have a problem! :rant

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,

Honesty, I am not sure.

Another draw back is that when the Headlights are on, and you have a bulb out( or a LED bulb), the brake lights will not LIGHT UP.

But I am not sure if this is the case of the 5 speed trucks, but I am guessing it is the same.

More than likely you will need Load Eq's on your truck also. :rant

You can always TRY it and see, and order them if need be.

You will have to test, Headlights ON and hit the brake pedal, if they don't LIGHT up like a brake light, then you have a problem! :rant

Big K ? Make me smart here ? Why would'nt changing the Thermo Flasher to an Electronic flasher fix those issues :dunno

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Big K ? Make me smart here ? Why would'nt changing the Thermo Flasher to an Electronic flasher fix those issues :dunno

Nope, on the OBS trucks, it doesn't have the LIGHT OUT Feature like other cars/trucks have in the Thermo FLasher.

I even ran the Thermo Flasher with the LED's and they flashed fine and before installing the Load EQ's, I did put the Electronic Flasher in and it didn't change a thing ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg