Steering stabilizer

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHP...thanks for lettin' me know about the worm. I'm assuming engine needs to be running to make this adjustment....?

Crumm said:
A small part if it may be that some drivers do not notice it as much as some others.

Maybe it's the difference between those that tow and those that don't. I wouldn't be too concerned if I wasn't towing. Put a '34 long, 10,000 TT behind my Excursion and I've got problems. And no, this isn't my first time towing.

Almost makes me want to go out and buy a HA.-popcorn ;)

Last edited:

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me, the Hellwig rear sway kit cured 90% of the problem on my X. I had the same problems you are describing. Best $150 you'll ever spend on your X.

ZBeeble

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I believe the 2004 came with the rear stabilizer if you selected the tow package (at least herre in Canada).

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. You are probably dead on.:sweet

ZBeeble said:
Now that I think about it, I believe the 2004 came with the rear stabilizer if you selected the tow package (at least herre in Canada).

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WZ...Weighing in didn't mean a reference to your r-rods.

Should the engine be running to properly adjust the worm gear on the steering box?

tfalk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ZBeeble said:

Can't say about the 04's, my 2005 had the tow package and I it came with the rear bar. I swapped the 24mm for an F350 30mm, bolted right in, didn't notice any difference....

Wawuzat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
tfalk said:
I think he's on the right track, in that I believe the problem with the newer trucks may be more in the front end than the rear-steer that the pre-04 models exhibit. The radius rods have too good of a reputation to not work, yet I noticed no change in the handling of my 05 when I installed them. Based on that, I have to conclude the problem was not coming from the rear.

Don't forget that if you have a 4WD model, the front end can also suffer from axle wrap. Landyot said he doesn't offer any radius-rods for the front, but would like to develop a set if he had the time.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Wawuzat said:
Don't forget that if you have a 4WD model, the front end can also suffer from axle wrap. Landyot said he doesn't offer any radius-rods for the front, but would like to develop a set if he had the time.
If they become available Beta tester here:sweet ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg