stolen truck

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the best answer then to keep these sorry sob's from gettin into our trucks?

its a MULTI LEVEL "deterent"....alarm, jimmi jamers, starter interupt (relay
or switches, on TOP of what an alarm provides).

ive installed an alarm, jimmi jammers AND disconneted my lock/tumblers,
& sometimes ive pulled the starter relay...and i have an addition lock out
(that i wont share ON LINE w/ anyone !)

at somepoint i figure if they want it theyll get it...i try NOT to do
any VISUAL mods (ive hidden all i can)...and i NOW remove the
radio face (after market top of the line pioneer).

my real fear at this point is IF they get in...and they CANT take the
truck (like they were hopeful of doing) then theyll just TRASH the
inside.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
If i recall correctly. When they broke into my X and I had to repair and installed the Jimmi Jammers. I think if you leave the rod disconnected from the door handle to the lock, they can not jimmi the doors open. Of course you can not use the key to un-lock it either, but on my X I have the rear door to get in. If they don't know that, they will tear up the door trying to get it. If they can't get in they may or may not break out a window, like they do on other cars that are more difficult to break into. I would rather lose a door skin or window than my laptop with by personal/business information and records in it or lose the wifes purse (that would be even worse). Your best bet is to never ever leave anything in your truck that you are not willing to lose. I agree with bushpilot that you have different levels of thefts and protection. Some people are trying to protect against theft of property from inside the vehicle and other against theft of the vehicle itself. It is nearly impossible to protect it 100%. But what you can do is make it as difficult as possible to steal and not leave anything of value in it.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You both have two very good points. Not leaving anything worth stealing is probably the most obvious, but most overlooked item of them all. It's just a shame though, no matter how you look at it...

BIGYELLOW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I got with insurance today and they came up with 25,000 dollars for damages to my truck. 15000 just for interior for the truck. They are going to total the truck if I don,t fix it my self.

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could laminate the glass to prevent somebody breaking it in a parking lot. We've got this stuff on the back glass of the tractor we mow with. It'll definately stop a rock flying from under the mower. It's supposed to stop a 9mm from 50 ft. I'm sure a thief will give up after smacking it several times without it shattering.

www.aceindocanada.com

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You both have two very good points. Not leaving anything worth stealing is probably the most obvious, but most overlooked item of them all. It's just a shame though, no matter how you look at it...

my guys were total idiots...THOUSANDS of dollars of amps under
the rear seats, a 400 dollar radar detector on the windshield, a
garmin GPS velcro'd UNDER the dash and my US PASSPORT in my
center console...and a diamond & saphire neckless under the front
passenger seat...and a SPARE KEY in the ashtray !

they took ONLY the radio !?!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Bush, I won't get on you for leaving your passport in the truck. The hell I won't!!! I have a good friend who did that and he is trying to get another passport and the passport agency won't give him another. He will have to jump through hoops and forms for a while.

Dave

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i know...hell theres NOTHING in *MY* truck anymore...its like a
freekin' RENTAL...leave NOTHING...damm shame really !

i USED to travel ALOT...and more than once ive left my license behind...
the passport is a GREAT back up @ the airport (i could always run out and
grab it and still make my flight)...but its not in the truck any more.

i know i should say thanks to GOD for what i DIDNT have stolen...but he
understands why im bitter ;)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I know what you are feeling. Our job site got broken into a few weeks ago and the crooks got all of the tools, even the ones that were "locked up" in Job Boxes. Right in the better part of Palo Alto, with little crime. Fortunately I was not on the job at the time. We now have alarms and much better security.

Dave

JRJ04

Reaction score
hey flopster, your link for the glass coating didnt work. do you have another one, and about how much does this stuff cost?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64