Stroke vs. Cummins?

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are both good trucks, I like them both. The common rail 625 tq motor runs well.
6 speed trucks are much slower. I dont know about full blown radical trucks with 6speeds. I owned a 05 common rail 6 speed. Much slower then a 05 auto truck.

CrAacKker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I came to wrong place to ask a question. When I am 50 years old, I will still want to race, that won't go away with age. Does it cost a lot of money to go fast, ya it does. I was just doing some research and asking some guys that have given me some good advice in the past. Sounds like I struck a nerve.

How about just grow up and stop trying to beat someone in a race or a tug-o-war

No matter what engine you have, you can tear either one of them up.

I thought at one time I wanted to drag race my truck on the strip, so I started
"testing" on the back roads and ripped the tranny out of my truck. It was an expensive
lesson to learn and it caused me to grow up that day.

Not trying to been mean or ugly, but I just don't know how else to say it.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
No nerve struck. I am sorry for what I said.

This week has been a rough one. Business is slow and I am having a hard
time making things happen it seems.

Please accept my apologies. I did not mean to lash out at you.

CrAacKker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand how goes, no worries. I am in small business and God has been good to us, but things are slowing for us. I know that can cause a lot of
undue stress and worry. Especially with what our barry obama is doing to ruin our economy and country.

I understand what your saying about racing and with tug of war. I would never play tug of war with my truck, I would race my truck, but not on the track for fear of something breaking. Before I got married I had a couple of decently fast cars, never put them on the track for fear of breaking things. When things break, its a lot of money to fix them and time down that I can't afford.

When I say race, I mean I might be driving to or from work and run light to light with another truck, which almost never happens. Or want to blow smoke all over a rice machine or a tree hugging hybrid driver and leave it. That would be most of my racing, I wouldn't go out looking for races. I don't have that luxury of time or money to do that.

I hope that things turn around for your business and God blesses you. Best of luck man.

Two more questions if you could grant me that? Since it appears you own a 6.0. I know factory the 6.0's put out a lil more power than the 7.3.
After a chip similar to a TSP chip (chip on the fly, I had a 6 position on my 7.3, top position was 140 + hp). My 7.3 had the TSP 6 pos chip, AFE stage 2 intake, 4 inch turbo back exhaust. I saw similar setups that put down 330 RWHP, give or take. I never dynoed mine so I don't know for sure, just a estimate.

Question 1. If I did a similar setup(chip, intake, 4inch turbo back) with some 50lb injectors, what is a conservative guess on the power I could make to run a reliable truck?

Question 2. I know some experienced problems with the 6.0s, what is a good year that is reliable and there wasn't many problems?

Thanks Man, have a blessed weekend.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Question 1. If I did a similar setup(chip, intake, 4inch turbo back) with some 50lb injectors, what is a conservative guess on the power I could make to run a reliable truck?

Question 2. I know some experienced problems with the 6.0s, what is a good year that is reliable and there wasn't many problems?

Thanks Man, have a blessed weekend.

With what I have done (SCT tuner, dual exhaust, bigger IC, boost tubes, ram air intake, etc) I think I am around 400rwhp. The last time I dynoed my truck, it was 381rwhp, but that was with a less impressive tuner.

I have a stock turbo and stock injectors.

As far as reliable years, I think you could get a reliable 6.0 in all years. Most of the problems were with 03 & 04 models. I drove mine stock upto 100k miles and only had to have 1 EGR cooler replaced and a wiring harness issue that was a recall.

Hope this helps. My experience and knowledge is only based on what I have gone through with my truck.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
my 05 is stock except my SCT (custome tuned), straight pipe, zoodad mod... that being said.. I out run 3 different trucks all day in my home town.. one is my brothers 05 with the edge attitude (great chip with shift on the fly) he has 4'' turbo back and zoodad... the second is another 05 with a bullydog crazy larry and a K&N intake.. the third is a 01 cummins with a TS chip.. not sure the what the settings are... my buddy does have an 05 dmax with a PPE hot+ and a suncoast triple disc torque converter and that things is freaking mean... I don't ever take my truck to the strip or anything like that.. that being said I definitely dont back down from a ricer or an old 12 valve with a shaved fuel plate that think they can hang.... if your wanting to blow some smoke and run the typical stop light race (that we are all guilty of at some point) then with the right tuning you will be fine with the 6.0... its all about preference man... good luck

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
Now that I have put all this money..........(not finished yet) into my 6.0, Damned if i'm changing now....I love my Ford and i'm sticking with her...I'm just going to keep the (recommended) modifications coming.....AND! It's been paid for since I bought it! IT'S MINE, MINE, MINE:tounge

JUST LIKE MY HOUSE! It may not be much but it's MINE, MINE, MINE TOO!

and i'll keep modifying it too......

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
if you want to blow smoke and have a truck that souds like crap go dodege if ya want a good all around truck that can still play with a little money go ford and they sound way better love the 7.3 and love my 6,0 whistle all strucks have up and downs but i think for an over all truck that will run the best and hold up gotta go ford onthe diesel engines

CrAacKker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys thanks for all your responses, I really appreciate its, been a eye opener for me. Is it possible or do you know guys who are running 6.0s at 450 RWHP and running dependable? If your running exhaust, chip, intake, and dependable safe injectors. Obviously everything is monitored with gauges and tuned for your setup.

Questions
1. Can a 6.0 run dependably @ 450RHP if done properly?

2. Can the 6.0 motor or trans hold that power without having to be rebuilt or head studs, reinforced bottom end (forged)? I am not very familiar with the 6.0 and the head stud issue or just the 6.0 in general.

Thanks again for your help.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Guys thanks for all your responses, I really appreciate its, been a eye opener for me. Is it possible or do you know guys who are running 6.0s at 450 RWHP and running dependable? If your running exhaust, chip, intake, and dependable safe injectors. Obviously everything is monitored with gauges and tuned for your setup.

Questions
1. Can a 6.0 run dependably @ 450RHP if done properly?

2. Can the 6.0 motor or trans hold that power without having to be rebuilt or head studs, reinforced bottom end (forged)? I am not very familiar with the 6.0 and the head stud issue or just the 6.0 in general.

Thanks again for your help.

I would say yes... I run mine on my custom tune "extreme street" everyday and have for 20k miles... just take care of her and do the "proper" mods for what you want...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14