Stuffin a square peg in a round hole!

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Well moving forward with the aux tank install. After seaching to no avail, no one made a tank to fit a short bed that was over or around 100 gallons.
So I MADE it fit! :)
Tell me it wont fit, yea right! :rolleyes:
Rick H...
pocketmarked.jpg

Pocketcutout.jpg

pocketinprimer.jpg

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Looks good. A new coat of paint or some rhino lining in the bed and no one will know it is not stock. Any clearance issues with the tire when the axle is down to the bump stops?

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice rick,good job:sweet .like crumm ask any tire issues with a load?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Since you were welding anyway why not cut a 6" chunk out of the tank on that corner then flip it 180 degrees and weld it back up? Nice work anyway:sweet

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
Since you were welding anyway why not cut a 6" chunk out of the tank on that corner then flip it 180 degrees and weld it back up? Nice work anyway:sweet

I refuse to lose any capacity out of the tank so something had to give!
The suspension only travels 4.5" inches in the rear before it hits the stop blocks and the tire sits like 10" from the pocket I cut in, so to me thats 5.5" of clearance. Should be plety.
Just sprayed the treador red on it. Now to focus on the tank. Got to cut a 3" hole in the top for the pickup and gauge float.
Ahhh 110+15+19 = 144 gallons at .50 (or so) per gallon, thats $72 bucks and about 2,000 miles, FILL ER UP!
Just thought of something, kids are going to hate this, no potty breaks for like 33 hours! :eek:
Rick H...

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
rickh said:
I refuse to lose any capacity out of the tank so something had to give!........-popcorn ........Just thought of something, kids are going to hate this, no potty breaks for like 33 hours!

:clap: :D Can't increase one tank and not the others. :roflmao

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
rickh said:
Just thought of something, kids are going to hate this, no potty breaks for like 33 hours! :eek:
Rick H...

When you are cutting the 3" hole in the top of the tank cut another one in the floorboard :sweet

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Correction on clearances....
4.5 travel of axel before stop. 7.5 from tire (front of tire that would contact the pocket if the axle stop was not there) to corner of pocket. Still plenty of room.
Think I will start saving empty pop bottles, but what about the fem......????
Oh the heck with it, my butt can not last that long anyway.
Rick H...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14