Stuffin a square peg in a round hole!

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
3-StarJ.R. said:
for you guys that don't know Rick, He is the Master @ gauges and tricks in the cockpit......here is a couple of examples: (hope this works)

Dayum, those gauges look like the inside of an SVO space shuttle. :roflmao Rick, I'm really impressed with your effort and results. :sweet

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Is that a polished alternator:sweet

What brand of topper do you have? I have a Century and it is developing a couple of small cracks near the top corners and it looks like yours might have a crack down near the bottom corner. My topper is 10 years old just like the truck but I really don't think it should be cracking like it is?

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Is that a polished alternator:sweet

What brand of topper do you have? I have a Century and it is developing a couple of small cracks near the top corners and it looks like yours might have a crack down near the bottom corner. My topper is 10 years old just like the truck but I really don't think it should be cracking like it is?

Yes it is polished, I got board waiting three months for head studs back when I was putting the engine together so starting polishing anything that was not painted.
Do not recall what brand the topper is, yes it does have a crack or two. I bought it used last year so do not know how old it is.
I suppose they are stress cracks.
Rick H...

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3-StarJ.R. said:
for you guys that don't know Rick, He is the Master @ gauges and tricks in the cockpit......here is a couple of examples: (hope this works)
The joystick is for vertical takeoff's when in traffic:burnit

Dang Rick, I would forget what location all my guages where in, take me 5 minutes to find the boost guage!

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
twildman said:
The joystick is for vertical takeoff's when in traffic:burnit
Yea, thats right. Now can you re-program that, to soften the launch, it seems to be a bit jerky between zero and 15'. After that it is pretty smooth, well up to 100' then air currents ....... :rolleyes:

Dang Rick, I would forget what location all my guages where in, take me 5 minutes to find the boost guage!
Only four I really watch regular, three in the pillar and fuel in the overhead.
Otherwise, they are great for instant trouble shooting and just plain fun to look at. :sweet
Rick H...

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
rickh said:
I suppose they are stress cracks.
Rick H...
Yeah thats what mine are. Mine are only visible if you get up really close to it. They are just little lines in the paint. I suppose 10 years of Alaska's smooth roads along with a cold snap every now and then have just took there toll.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
I wonder too if the bigger one is not from taking it off and on and maybe a crappy forklift operator. I also have some of the tiny ones like your talking about, seem to be more in the gel coat than anything. Would not be hard to fix up, harder to get off and handle the topper in the garage.
I did some puting...
If I run 100 Biodiesel in all my tanks, it will cost me 3.3 cents per mile for fuel cost. Now that takes me back to 1972 remembering an ad for Volkswagen beetle, 2 cents a mile was their cry.
Well got the tank topped off, the truck sure runs good on 100% Biodiesel, smooth and quite. Heading out in the morning to Minnesota, Bloomington to be exact.
Be there for a meeting till Wednesday. Well see how the fuel setup works out on the open road. Glad I got a fleet card!
See ya all in a few days.
Rick OUT!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14