suggestions on stereo stuff??

550roofer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice subs, I saw those JLs u have on photo bucket. do you like your system, or do u want to have something like a pioneer deck, I was thinking of keeping the stock deck in my 06 F150 and 04F550 and put in the JL cleensweep, JL amps and JL W3V3 with 4ohm drivers in each of the trucks
U have jlamps too? with those i bet ur system is flawless.

Reaction score
Yes its is the best set up i've had to date real clean and loud. Wanna do a navigational deck with back up camera. But being down in san antonio doesn't make for an easy decision to put somethin in that theives can see. I'm just gonna keep raising the truck till the thieves cant see in. :roflmao

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yeah, i just want a clean sounding system. i like a lot of bass sometimes, but most of the time i just want a nice clean system that sounds good and when people hear my system they just say how clean sounding it is at all sound levels. not just how loud it is. loud isn't everything to me.

550roofer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey strokin

since you'll have the system behind the seat, the subs will sound good. Ive seen my buddy compete with a $150 cd player. He had 10 10"subs. The deck had basic features like sub volume control. All the features he needed wher on the amp.

I just measured my JL W1 V2 and it is just over 5" for the mounting depth. (dont forget if your sub box walls are 3/4", U have 3/4" more room for mounting depth)

Hey big rooster
U should probly keep ur deck stock if there is a problem with thieves. Remember u can probably get a really good stock cdplayer, even a six disc probly fits and uses same wire harness. Maybe even a Navigation display, could fit?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want some sub woofer "control" consider adding the RBC1 control
knob to any of the JL Audio 250/1, 500/1 or 1000/1

it can be mounted in the dash...or arm-rest ;)

SUB-WOOFER-CONTROL-1.jpg

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
Hey strokin

since you'll have the system behind the seat, the subs will sound good. Ive seen my buddy compete with a $150 cd player. He had 10 10"subs. The deck had basic features like sub volume control. All the features he needed wher on the amp.

I just measured my JL W1 V2 and it is just over 5" for the mounting depth. (dont forget if your sub box walls are 3/4", U have 3/4" more room for mounting depth)QUOTE]

is the JL W1 V2 a 12" sub? sorry, but i don't really know much about JL products. i have only messed with kicker, kenwood, pioneer, infinity, and phoenix gold stuff.

oh yeah and that is a really nice spot to put the sub control knob, i just wish i had one. how do those things even hook up???

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 500/1 sub/control (gain) knob connects via
an rj-11 port on their amps.

youll have to rip the knob housing apart and cut
the end off the plug for a stealth install.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yer missing a number in yer part number. Ergo 10w1v2 is a 10 inch shallow mount version 2. I have JL 12w3v3's 12 inch sub taller than the w1's and version 3. Version 3 first came out last january 2007 so they are the newest ones on the market.

550roofer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey strokin'

The jl audio web sit is only a click away. JL Audio
The subs are W1, W3 W6 and W7. and when there is a V2 or V3 beside it, that means it is a revised version of the sub woofer. W7s are the most expensive since they are the loudest, w6 are really loud and have more power than the average listener needs. W3 V3 is probably pretty loud, ive never heard it, but from the looks of it, it will do a good job. if u dont have an amp get a slashV2. its there best line, well, now they just introduced HD amplifires, they are stackable, but have only 600 watts. good enough for some.

550roofer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, i ment to say 12W1V2. its only 5.09 inchs for the monting depth. it looks like a normal sub, but has a ripple just inside the rubber surround foam. other than that it looks pretty standard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58