suggestions on stereo stuff??

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like those new w5's i could mount a set of those under my rear seats or even my driver seats. whoo hoo

yup ! I already cant wait to hear one...luckily ill have a
few months to come up w/ a reason for replacing the existing
solobaric :D

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
ok so i measured my mounting depth in the box that i have behind my seat and i have about 6 inches to work with. so which one of y'all are going to try out the new slim speakers for me?! :sly

I need to go back to the website and check the mounting depths on all the subs and i may check ebay or craigslist for some stuff.

Oh yeah, and for all you guys in texas, i have some news for y'all and/or anyone else who may want to attend an event. see texas chapter for details

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
that is right in the middle of the mounting area being as that is where the magnet will sit. at the top i probably have just over 5. maybe right at 5, but i can't remember right now.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok just remember that the speaker will probably be TILTED, since
the bottom clearance is wider than the top.

arrowstrap

BioMechanic
Reaction score
you can squeeze just a bit more room behind the seat if you raise the seat with spacers. i had to do that with my rear seat... might not work out as well for you being a regular cab.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
so since the speaker will be tilted and the center mounting depth is 6", i can fit a speaker with close to 6" of mounting depth right?

arrowstrap

BioMechanic
Reaction score
depends on the thickness of your enclosue material and the excursion of your subwoofer cone while under a load. if at all possable, listen to it before you buy it. i have had several boxes behind my seat and they all sounded hollow and tinny though promised to be impressive.

Last edited:

550roofer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey arrowstrap, i've heard that pillow stuffing (fiberfill) inside the enclosure might help with the hallow sound. try putting lots in, don't stuff it in, but let it sit in comfortably. don't let it hit the spider of the sub. i use this stuff when i make fierglass enclosure. helps a little. also could try similar products, maybe thicker is better? like the sound proofing behind truck doors. 1/2" at the back of the box might be what u need. i've heard this fiberfill be recommended for undersized enclosures.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
ok i think i'm going to try to get some JL subs. you guys have convinced me. i just gotta go back and look at the mounting depths of them so i know which ones i need to get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58