Surgery pics

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roy, I just want to say Thank you! Thank you! and a big Yes on don't do this at home.
Now you can make the change at the botton of your post.

Head studs and gaskets,injectors, South Bend dual disk clutch (coming soon) Done.
Doug

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
I should add a disclaimer, "don't try this at home" :lmao

do you mean IN your home, or At home? :lmao :lmao

i think its frosty internet beverage time!
party_7.gif

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have been away for a few months so I have not been able to follow this thread. GREAT JOB with the photos and explanation. :thumbs

Dave :)

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I've got it apart again right now :rant. Nothing I did wrong, seems the machine shop can't make intake valves seal properly. It ran pretty good, but had a low toned thump and shake, and the intake was way too noisy. Needless to say, I'm getting pretty good at working on these :D Did a pressure test before I pulled the heads, with the intake off, and most of the 16 intake valves were leaking some @100 psi, a few of them were so bad I about couldn't keep my hand over the intake port :eek:. The machinist will take care of me, even reimbursing my labor, so we're good there. We'll see what he has to say when I bring the heads in on Monday...

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Dang that sucks! I'd hate to do that again since you had to go through so much to get the heads off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58