Surgery pics

atk

Reaction score
nothing like do the same job twice, even though it wasn`t your fault. it`s good that you are being compensated....good job....;tu

have you done a egr delete?

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Update

Well here's how this is all panning out. Turns out the drivers side head was .030" thinner on one end :eek: This engine is a Ford reman with about 30K on it. Sombody must have loaded that one in the machine bad. The other one was too thin too. They were built by the now out of business Franklin Power Products. Guess we know why now :lmao The lesson is to always check head thickness on BOTH ends, don't just assume it's flat! Got a set of new heads on the way from Tousley Ford...should be time to get to work as soon as they show up :sweet

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does this sound familiar to me? Bill had to have the heads cut again to get them right. They can not be cut anymore out so I'll ether have to O ring the heads or buy new ones. :rant

Roy welcome to world.....

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here's how this is all panning out. Turns out the drivers side head was .030" thinner on one end :eek: This engine is a Ford reman with about 30K on it. Sombody must have loaded that one in the machine bad. The other one was too thin too. They were built by the now out of business Franklin Power Products. Guess we know why now :lmao The lesson is to always check head thickness on BOTH ends, don't just assume it's flat! Got a set of new heads on the way from Tousley Ford...should be time to get to work as soon as they show up :sweet

Why does this sound familiar to me? Bill had to have the heads cut again to get them right. They can not be cut anymore out so I'll ether have to O ring the heads or buy new ones. :rant

Roy welcome to world.....

Hmmmm.. Sounds Sooo familure to me too. In all my years of fiddle'n with engines.. I've Never heard of anyone having any long term luck with a "Reman" from Any of the Big 3.

I'm think'n Low Bidder stuff.

Is Ford guna honor anything Roy ?

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Is Ford guna honor anything Roy ?

Nope, didn't try. This engine was a warranty replacement that I BARELY got for free.
Funny thing is I am leavin now to get the NEW heads skimmed. they are .003 low in the center... nobody can get nothing right :rolleyes:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, didn't try. This engine was a warranty replacement that I BARELY got for free.
Funny thing is I am leavin now to get the NEW heads skimmed. they are .003 low in the center... nobody can get nothing right :rolleyes:

Jeez :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58