Surgery pics

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I guess I am just ignert, but those are aluminum cylinder heads?

and who's crew-cab SRW Fx4 was that?

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. You may win, but you're still retarded.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Funny....JLDickmon were did you come up with that one??

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. You may win, but you're still retarded.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Funny....JLDickmon were did you come up with that one??

I stole it from somewhere.. :coffee

the "bad decisions" was in a book of quotes called "Life's Lessons"

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I guess I am just ignert, but those are aluminum cylinder heads?

and who's crew-cab SRW Fx4 was that?

No, the heads are cast iron. Rocker boxes on top are aluminum.

The back up truck is one of my father in law's from across the street. It's an 03 with something over 200k on it. He has another 03 and just bought a new 11 couple months ago. Nice to have a neighbor with trucks. Course I get to work on em too :D

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
WOW, I gotta get out more.

When and why did this have to be done Roy?

Did you finally blow it up with an SCT?

Hey look who crawled out from under his rock :lmao

It's been puking/ running too hot for quite a while. Finally got time to get it back up to snuff.

Got it all done last night, caught up on :red and then out workin on equipment (yes outside) and truckin stuff early this morning at -24° :cold 3

Supposed to be up to 22° today. That's a 46° improvement :D

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
And now the rest of the story...

Well I chased around a rough idling/ running issue and finally pinned it down to injectors 5 and 8. Ford tells us that a cold injector buzz test is no longer accurate with the new inductive heating... they are WRONG. If an injector won't buzz cold and the FICM and wiring is good (that will throw a code) the injector has a problem. I had no injector or contribution codes, but still I could hear it and feel a good shake in the drivers seat, most noticeable at idle to 1500 rpm. Injector 5 would not buzz cold, and 8 was a very faint buzz. Also found that the FICM main power was dropping below 40 volts (lowest that AutoEnginuity reads) for a good 30 seconds cold. So I replaced the other 7 injectors (one had tested bad originally) and installed a reman FICM. Truck ran much better :sweet
But... something still was annoying me. I still felt that "shake" especially when the engine got good and hot. I decided to run it a little while and see if it changed. I figured I was too paranoid to think straight :dizzy
So after a week, decided to scan for codes. Had P0266 contribution/ balance code for cylinder 2 :bama never been so happy to see a code in my life :lmao Also #2 would not buzz at all, cold or hot. Swapped a new injector in tonight (1.5 hours, easiest one :D) Hey, it runs SMOOTH now! I am not crazy!!!!!!!! I think I got it this time, well for now anyways!
Thanks for your support :sweet

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Chasing injectors during a rebuild is a problem that I am reading a lot more about. I am glad you stuck with it Roy. Good Going!! :thumbs

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track