Talk about the 7.3L CPS Here!

MattM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I thought the gray one was the updated one and the blue one something "special"???

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the gray one was the updated one and the blue one something "special"???

Unless Ferd changed their color code.. the Grey is the Updated one, from the recall.. The Black one was the one that Crapped out and caused the recall (Finally). The Blue one is for the DT466.

FWIW ? I installed the Grey one (only cuz I got it fer free on the recall).. Didn't like it. Put the Blue one back in. My 2K just seems to run better with it.

I carry the Grey one as a Spare, for the Spare Blue one.;)

Joe

smay665949

SMAY
Reaction score
no. you should just replace the fuel bowl heater element with the international one or you will be blowing fueses back to back.
I laredy replaced the heater and fuse and was referring to carrying an extra fuse and disconnecting the heating element if it happened again in a remote desert so I could limp the 50 miles to a town if needed.

By the way, the truck runs a lot better with the new CPS (Napa) and fuel heater.

Last edited:

RSC CONTRACTING

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New and naive!

Just bought my 99 F350 7.3 and noticed there is still an open recall on it for the CPS...assuming this takes care of it, should I still carry a spare?

Thanks,

Rob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr