Talk about the 7.3L CPS Here!

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I have not recieved my recall notice yet from Ford, I decided to swing by the dealer today about the CPS recall for my 2002 7.3

The dealer did the OASIS to varify and advised if the previous CPS replaced in 2006 was not the upgrade as he called it, a new one would be installed at no charge. I then asked what about the $100.00 I paid to have the previous CPS installed under warranty? He asked for my paperwork which I gave him a copy of from another Ford Dealer. He said I would get a $100.00 check from Ford in about 6 weeks. I guess I break even, because the spare CPS was about $100.00 before the prices on the CPS dropped. Well, I am happy at this point. New CPS, still have $100.00 spare CPS, and will get $100.00 check.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
where did you get the spare CPS? i bought mine through ebay, and with a receipt from Paypal, Ford is refunding me that money including shipping. I had to raise a stink, but i got it done.

bobkat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Great write up. Had to change mine.Sloved problem,on the road again thanks.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
sorry if this has been asked before, but is ford replacing it with the same piece that will do the same thing again???

smay665949

SMAY
Reaction score
Last night my 95 Powerstroke shut off like I had turned off the key. Unfortunately it wasn’t the CPS. It ended up that the Fuel Heater failed and blew the Max Fuse that runs the computer. Since I spend a lot of time out in remote areas of the Utah/Nevada desert I think I will carry an extra fuse ($4.52) to go with the CPS. This way if the Fuel heater fails again I can unplug it replace the fuse and get home.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
no. you should just replace the fuel bowl heater element with the international one or you will be blowing fueses back to back.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. you should just replace the fuel bowl heater element with the international one or you will be blowing fueses back to back.

YES.

X2.

What he said.

>Especially< cuz you spent time in the Boonies. :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58