Thanks all, it has been grand.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of your problems, but if you haven't yet done so, you may want to talk to a lawyer. Just because you may be next of kin, I don't believe makes you responsible for your father's debt.

Recently, my dad was the exectutor for my cousin's estate, who had passed unexpectedly. When her creditors came after him for her bills, he told them to go screw themselves and that he wasn't liable for her debts. The creditors persisted, but it was all bullying tactics. The harassments stopped once a lawyer got involved. The creditors even tried to sieze the life insurance money, but it was not considered to be an asset of the deceased and couldn't be touched by the creditors. They repo-ed her car and a few other things, but couldn't go after any next of kin or life insurance death benefit.

What Kent said.

Get a lawyer, get it settled, and get back here.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the lose and everything else that is going on. Hope that things work out for the best and it gets settled out quickly. Remember that you always have a family here at SDD.com. Reply things get better or when you just need someone to talk to.

God bless you, you will be in our prayers

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
If anybody knows how to contact Richard via telephone or something, they might want to do so. Let him know about my recomendation to contact a lawyer. I hate to see him loose everything he loves and has worked for because of some bullying, jackassed bill collector is trying to pull one over on him.

I see he hasn't been to SDD.com all day long, I'm afraid he may have left our community without being able to read and consider our advice.

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Well he might be in later, he seems to be a night owl around here...

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
If anybody knows how to contact Richard via telephone or something, they might want to do so. Let him know about my recomendation to contact a lawyer. I hate to see him loose everything he loves and has worked for because of some bullying, jackassed bill collector is trying to pull one over on him.

I see he hasn't been to SDD.com all day long, I'm afraid he may have left our community without being able to read and consider our advise.

here is the info Richard had posted in the "member help network" thread.

Just look in the book under Laura and Richard Ray in Crestview, Florida

Hey Tailgunner, i sent you a PM with Richard's home address and home phone #.

since you have prior knowledge on this matter, it might be best for you to call him.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I went through something like this back in 2001 when my mom passed. I'd get a real good attorney and let him deal with the creditors. if your name ain't on it, you don't have to pay it. And thats the gospel. but you need an attorney working with you and clearing it up. talk to no one, have the lawyer do it.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hang in there Richard, Were all pull'in for ya man.....

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!!!!

I tried calling Richard this evening (8:45 pm EDT) using numbers WD40 found and passed along to me.
The first number was a "no longer in service" recording.
The 2nd number I tried, looks like a good one, but I got an answering machine. I left a heartfelt message asking him to return to our little forum community and that a lot of us are concerned for him. I expressed that he may be taking on financial obligations that he indeed may not actually be responsible for.

Pray he gets the message and that we can all help our friend out of his mess.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the Forum where people have a heart. SuperDutyDiesel.Com

Thanks Kent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58